Tide question

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by littlerhody, Jun 13, 2018.

1. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    So always wondered about this and it makes no sense to me. For example high tide in Rhode island is about 8 am today being 6/13/18. Why is the high tide in cape cod at noon four hours later? Tides are all about the moon and the gravitational pull on the ocean so why cape cod only being not that far away is the high tide 4 hours later? There must be a scientific reason for this?

2. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    heaps of Meh likes this.
  3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Because liberals (Cape Cod-Massholia) do everything in a retarded fashion....why else??

sisurfdogg, cepriano and littlerhody like this.
  4. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
  5. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  6. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    The moon is beyond bizarre. It is unable to rotate but yet strong enough to cause our entire ocean to rise and fall everyday. The excepted theory for its origin is even more bizarre. A giant asteroid hit Earth so hard that it caused enough of its mantel to be swept up into a massive wave so high that it left the planet's atmosphere and over time all of the boulders of mantel smashed into each other and formed our Moon at the perfect distance to not rotate so it could better redistribute the Oceans bounty to all shores. Once that theory was debunked (due to not enough material) it was later changed that another asteroid or the same one, came back around and hit the Earth once again to do the same so enough material could made to create such a giant object we see in the sky. Sounds legit.

your pier and sisurfdogg like this.
  7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

The "excepted theory"?? So it is way different than other theories?? So everything you wrote is an exception??
    Oh, IIIIII seeeee, now....you mean "accepted'!!
    Well, why didn't you say so in the first place?
    Kids today......

8. littlerhody

Jan 16, 2009
    that has nothing to do with my tidal question. I still don't see a Lehman answer to my simple question. Only answer I am trusting as of now is barry's explanation that massholes are fucked up. thats all I have to go on. Thank you swellinfo for providing me with no accurate info at all! the cutting and pasting of wikipedia links is saying basically I dont understand it either but I will send you this link that doesnt explain it but makes me look like I understand it.

Maybe due to bathemitry the tide or water takes longer to wrap around into Rhode island then it does to more exposed or more easterly facing cape cod or NH waters for example. The tide may flow North to south?

9. Sir_Ballyhoo

Mar 8, 2018
  10. Sir_Ballyhoo

Mar 8, 2018
    Excuse me Ol Berry. One misspelling sets you off now? Ya old grump.

your pier and Barry Cuda like this.
  11. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    You requested a "scientific explanation". Now you request a Lehman. The link I tossed you is an introductory scientific explanation in Lehman terms. All you had to do was dive into the site a bit more, for explanations relevant to your question:

https://www.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/restles5.html

You can't expect most who don't know your homebreak well, and those relatively close, to answer your question. That is up to you, as a regular, avid observer.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  12. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
  13. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Cutting and pasting links = modern journalism

14. littlerhody

Jan 16, 2009
    at least you came up with some explanation Barry so thank you for trying. others just cut and paste internet links to things that do not answer my questions.
    LICK MY BALLS YOU RETARDED KOOK. HAHHA

Barry Cuda likes this.
  15. littlerhody

Jan 16, 2009
    SO YOU CAN EXPLAIN IT IN LEHMAN TERMS THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION? THANK YOU. I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT. BUT WAS OBVIOUS TO ME NO ONE KNOWS ON THIS WEBSITE. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAN TO GO TO A SWELLINFO FOR AN INTELLIGENT ANSWER

16. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    I did not take you to raise. I also do not give a damn about your cold water break.

17. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    In laymans terms the water sloshes from point A to point B as the tide rises and falls. The water has to navigate the geographic features of the coastline. The delay is due to the the time it takes the water getting from point A to point B. That is why Cape Cod and the Cape Cod Canal have some absolutely crazy currents as the tide goes in and out.

your pier, sisurfdogg and La_Piedra like this.