who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Been surfing a lot the past few days but the swell from Chris was just ok. Yesterday the wind was still howling semi offshore with a ton of current and today when the wind finally clocked around the swell dropped. Monday was probably chest high with an occasional bigger set and today was stomach high. Looks like we'll have some more longer period stuff this week so can't really complain when we have surf in July. I don't know if it had anything to do with Chris but our sunrises and sunsets have been off the chain this week. One from yesterday evening.

[​IMG]

2. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Looked really fun up your way today. South Beach had a knee to waist high wave most of the day. At my local mid way in between the swell just passed us by and we got nothing. I was hoping to surf today but instead I was just be foolish. fml

Hope that elbow AIDS clears up soon. Needless I say more.

La_Piedra, sisurfdogg and Betty like this.

3. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Perfect waist to chest longboard waves in JAX today. Looong lefts and rights for all. Today ‘Twas a goodeth day.

pdub and MrBigglesworth like this.
  4. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Sorry if I sounded like a dork lol. It’s my kind of wave is what i shoulda said...lol

Betty likes this.
  5. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    After taking yesterday morning off work to take care of Mom matters: her care at the memory center and getting her house sold (I hate those Nazi HOAs), I threw the board on the car as an impulse on the way to work.
    The lunchtime sesh proved just the thing to take my mind off matters for a bit. Less than waist high, but it felt great on the longboard. Water is now a little above 80.

6. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Where do you call your wave home Double? We are hovering at 68-70 degrees and I had board shorts and rash guard on last week... and then pulled out summer shortie cause my nuts climbed into my throat

7. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Never have I been so grateful to surf knee to waist high waves, little dribblers with no juice, kind of like boat wakes, in a crowd. The elbow AIDS is still there, but it is not keeping me from popping up. Did not have to duck dive, so who knows what happens then, but I've got another few days to heal a bit more before a Beryl full of monkeys sends us some more July swell. Life is goode.

8. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    These are the reasons I drive two hours to the secret inlet at 4:30 on a Saturday morning. Glad you didn't let the elbow AIDS keep you out of the water. In fact I bet it feels better after some saline therapy. I know all my minor afflictions don't feel so bad when I'm out.

sisurfdogg and MrBigglesworth like this.
  9. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It's a known medical fact that salty briny ocean water is a cure for AIDS

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Another fun day of waves this morning. I got out at sunrise on a full high tide, waves were breaking kinda close to shore but just long enough for some really fun rides on the Flashback Fish. It was waist - chest and glassy, enough of a wave for some turns, snaps, etc., With a little less water it would have been better but I got a bunch of great waves so I'm not complaining a bit.

11. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Hoping for some of the same for the next three to four days... I’m actually getting sangry

12. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    PM sessions look to be fun.

Sidenote: New Brazilian style bikini bottoms are really, really great.

Kahuna Kai likes this.
  13. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Savage.

14. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    My new summer shortie gives me a grundle bundle when I go commando

Kahuna Kai and La_Piedra like this.
  15. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    I was down your way, in between we'll say Canova and the 404 area. Today looked fun but I surfed so much the last two days I didn't have it in me. Looks like we'll have a different swell fill in tomorrow too.

16. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Right on, we may have been at the same break or within walking distance. This morning I hit the same reef break, it was worth getting out of bed after drinking last night. I met StuckontheGulf for a few cold ones and then continued drinking when I got home. The first wave wiped away any potential hang over. Hope tomorrow works on high tide againe.

17. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Got out this morning. Not great. Breaking basically on sand except for a few random bigger waist high sets. I almost didn't go but i really needed to just get wet to take my mind off things. Short wave but a nice wall before hitting dry sand. In the dark because i had to be at work early. I had fun, more fun then expected. Tomorrow looks like we're finally getting somthing over waist high. Yeeeew

DosXX and MrBigglesworth like this.
  18. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Looks like we’re getting a four day stretch of decent stuff, but I still don’t see anything bigger than chesthigh/head high... maybe.
    I’d surf in a kiddie pool right now so who am I kidding??

DosXX likes this.
  19. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Bingo! That's exactly where I paddled out at - "Kiddie Pools". Wanted to make sure my elbow aids could handle what ever Mother Nature dished out. Almost fell asleep it was soooo lame. But still pretty, watching boats go in and out and the fisher folk trying to catch fishies.
    Water was meh. That's an improvement.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  20. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    I checked th surf cam and it’s already setting up pretty nice - disorganized but some nice chest high surprises. And the wind is still onshore so as it turns to cross and then cross off and drops, it should be fun session waves for days... I hope. Waters still 67 though - far cry from 37 degrees in early January though.. that was rough even in a 5/4/3 Red Cell