Swellinfo Update Thread

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Swellinfo, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    I've been posting in the Swellinfo Redesign thread, but from here on out, I will be updating this thread with any updates on the site.

I just made an update to the Swell Graph. Now when you mouse/touch over the graph, it will display the top 3 swells, color coded according to the graph.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 6.02.28 PM.png

And just to reiterate, if you didn't see in the redesign thread, the graph data will now update when you slide your finger over it when your in mobile. This was an oversight that wasn't included in the redesign launch. Glad to report that is in working order again.

HaoleNJ, Zeroevol, DonQ and 1 other person like this.
  2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks for all the good changes, it’s really looking good now.

One thing you might check on is the tide times. It’s saying 4:43am high tide for Indiatlantic / Sebastian tomorrow morning but other sources say high tide is 5:37am. Also the other source says there is only 3 tides tomorrow, only 1 low tide at 12:07pm. But yours says 11:10am low tide and another low just before midnight.

Is it normal to have different tide data? Or should everybody pretty much have the same tide times?

Swellinfo likes this.

3. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Im with dp. Thanks for actually listening and trying to make things better. I usually don't like change. But listening (really listening, not just reading) to the suggestions and quickly making the changes have made this work out for the better. It's much appreciated.

Swellinfo and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    I’ll take a look at the tides. My guess is maybe it’s grabbing today’s tides and posting for tomorrow. If so, I’ll fix. I will check on this shortly and update. Thanks

Zeroevol and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  5. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Guys, our server host is having issues this evening. Very frustrating, but nothing we can do. Have to wait for them to fix the issue. As of now connectivity to Swellinfo seems intermittent. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

Zeroevol likes this.
  6. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Yep, there was a problem after the evening updates, with showing the tide data for today, on the tomorrow forecast. This has now been fixed.

Thanks for catching this one!

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Anytime! Thanks for fixing it.

8. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    I had a couple people asking where the 7 day tide chart went. While, yes, the 7 day tides are in the forecast view, but sometimes, its easier just to see them in a chart. Nothing fancy, but there's now a link from the tide graph to the 7 day chart. See the attached screenshots. We'll make the tide charts a little better in time.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 12.00.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 10.15.40 AM.png

antoine and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  9. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks for not abandoning us.

nopantsLance likes this.
  10. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Notice it's possible to "like" previously liked photos. Tested a few more which I knew I had previously liked and confirmed. Tested to see if I could give a second "like" to a photo liked this log-in session, but I could not. Please bring back the arrow feature in the photo section.

Swellinfo likes this.
  11. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Noticed somthing this AM. Checked the tides on here. High tide said 0ft. I thought that was strange, looked deep and iv never seen a high tide that low around here. Checked surfline, said the high tide was 4ft. That sounded pretty high for around here. Regardless, thought id bring this to your attention. Because 0ft is definitely not correct. Times seemed correct however

12. kentcrooks

kentcrooks New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    The new website graphics look great, and I appreciate you making the model presentation and controls more phone friendly. However, I really miss the week-at-a-glance graphical tide chart in the Forecast Section, and to a lesser degree the swell and wind tables (less so the swell and wind tables only because they didn't sync the weekly to daily data well). Is there any chance you could bring back the tide graph, swell and wind tables?

13. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Please see the post, a few posts up (Tuesday 12:03)... The 7 day tide chart was added a couple days ago.

14. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Also, I find that the swell and wind tables are not really valuable anymore, because the hourly data is already in the graph data, as well as in the forecast details. Let me know if you disagree. Thanks.

15. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Why is there only a one day graph? What happened to the week long forecast graph on the homepage front and center? Am I missing something? Can you even swimmme?

16. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Dear Adnibs,

The tide tables are always bullshit by the way, no fault of yours. They are faulty predictions and are heavily influenced by local bays, wind, and other factors. Go look. That's the only way to know. If you look once a week, you can do the math. Get rid of the tide chart, or just put it up and don't worry aboot it. Either way it doesn't really matter.

Get the damn swell charts right, we can figure out the local winds and tides, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

SISurfdogg

17. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    At the top of the page underneath the forecast location, Jupiter I suppose, you will see two boxes side by side. One says "Report" and the other says "Forecast". Try clicking on the box that says "Forecast". I'll bet the forecast graph you are seeking reappears.

Swellinfo likes this.
  18. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Yeah, I hit the right button and viola, the graph appears. I hit another button, and bang, the swell chart appears. Nice work fellas!

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
  20. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013