Trump / FBI / Russians

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by backside hack, May 12, 2017.

1. heaps of Meh

heaps of Meh Active Member

Jul 6, 2012
    social contract is a lie
    I did not sign it

La_Piedra likes this.
  2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    What about a Flat Tax, where *everybody* pays their fair share? Including corporations and 1%ers.

No more loopholes, no more sweetheart deals, and no more fucking bullshit like Solyndra, GE and Tesla/Musk.

Equal, even and fair across the board

3. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    a flat tax would eliminate the need for the IRS in its current form
    [​IMG]

4. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    The problem with the Flat Tax would be convincing the public (not saying Flat Tax is a bad idea, just don't see people being smart enough to realize isn't).

Flat Tax keeps a federal income tax but eliminates all credits/deductions. So people with kids lose those credits. Also, charitable giving would be hurt because that deduction would disappear. Also, investment/business deductions go away. So having a family costs more, charitable donations lose their draw aside from goodwill of course and investments in new business would get killed without deductions.

It will be a very tough sell to people. That is why I have leaned more toward consumption tax. Then you are eliminating the income tax completely. Hard to bitch about losing deductions when you don't pay income taxes.

Also be sure to not leave out Farm, Oil, and Ethanol "sweetheart deals"

La_Piedra likes this.
  5. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    A consumption tax would do the same thing. Federal tax collection would mirror state tax collection. Department of Treasury can handle the black market.

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I’m still not buying it Kyle but I like your enthusiasm.

La_Piedra likes this.
  7. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Not here to sell you. You asked, DP.

Are you sold on the current tax system?

Taxes are something that I've spent more time than I should have researching. All in an attempt to increase my own monetary gains of course.

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I think the current system works but isn’t perfect. I wouldn’t scrap the whole thing, just tweak the things that need tweaked. We’re doing pretty damn good as it is so I wouldn’t want to make any radical changes. Paying less is always welcome, but I’m good with what I pay now if nothing were to change.

I don’t think it’s worth the risk when there are so many factors you aren’t sure of. The unforeseen ramifications could be far worse than expected and I don’t see an extreme upside to the point where I feel it being worth the risk. I’m not a fan of reinventing the wheel.

sisurfdogg likes this.
  9. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    If you have a team or run a company, the best talent, or performers get incentives with a higher percentage and bonuses. Capitalism 101

Therefore a flat tax offers no incentives for big performers and they will go some where else to do business - offshore - where they get more slack.

Flat rate tax - It is a great sound byte - fair and even and simple to calculate how can you refuse?

My opinion ..... but it's fact LOL

La_Piedra and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  10. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
  11. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    That is a very rosey view of our current tax system. I could go on for days asking you about issues with the current system, but I know you have no interest at this point. But to say the current system is working is giving it too much credit.

So many factors I am unsure of? I am not an economist nor even an accountant, just a tax enthusiast I guess. If you are looking for every answer from me, I am bound to disappoint eventually. A lot of uncertainty was answered by Jay or myself, you just disagree. The downside of keeping the current system is bankrupting the country, which we continue to inch closer to everyday.

Not a fan of reinventing the wheel? How very unTrump of you lol.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  12. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Anyways, what'd Trump say to Putin in Helsinki? Any guesses?

Also, so the Obama-Iran wasn't good in a lot of folks eyes, is threatening war a better approach?

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I don’t expect you to have all the answers. Nobody does. It’s not your fault. Like I said, the system isn’t perfect but needs a little tweaking here and there. But throwing the whole system out I feel is too extreme. That’s all I’m saying.

14. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Well we need to find some way to keep us from leaving this country bankrupt or Chinese owned for future generations. My guess is via tax reform lol.

15. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I'm pretty sure you must be Branco at this point, Lance.

16. nopantsLance

Aug 15, 2016
    Kute Kyle

[​IMG]
    Newly Released FISA Docs Contradict Strzok’s Sworn Claims He Had Nothing to Do With Carter Page FISA Warrant

Obama’s Deep State FBI and DOJ obtained a FISA warrant on Carter Page in October of 2016 and three subsequent renewals in order to spy on Trump’s campaign and transition team.

Comey, Rosenstein, McCabe and Sally Yates all signed the FISA applications even though Hillary’s fraudulent Russia dossier was used as a pretext to obtain the warrants.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-nothing-to-do-with-carter-page-fisa-warrant/

17. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    The first sentence reads "Obama’s Deep State FBI and DOJ". Excellent sources Branco lol, it all makes sense now. All of this info comes from @paulsperry (an unverified twitter account). Another, even less credible, Michael Caputo, all talk. Holy crap Branco, go put your tin foil hat on. You guys are begging for any sign of proof of some grand conspiracy to save face. #fakeRnews

headhigh and sisurfdogg like this.
  18. nopantsLance

Aug 15, 2016
    Carter Page reacts to 'Russian spy' accusations

19. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Carter Page is blinking his eyes too fast to be telling the truth

Kyle likes this.