What's Your Next Surf Trip Going to Be?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Sep 30, 2016.

1. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Kina surf shop had some good stuff when I was there a couple of months ago.

Wavestrom likes this.
  2. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    On a JetBlue flight now to Barbados. Looks like hard onshore out of the east all week. Yes I know I can hit the south shore and also look around. If anyone is feeling magnanimous and knows any spots that can handle strong ene winds, please let me know...I’m more interested in a larger wave than I am hollow

3. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Just booked my flight to the Hawaiian Islands for this winter...I guess now is a good time to start training. Surfing waist high waves and riding my mt bike isn't enough lol>

Gonna stay on Oahu and hook up with my bud in Lahaina for an inner island getaway as well.

Kanman, eatswell and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I've been running a lot, hitting the bag, and doing push ups / sit ups, yoga, and staying active with bowling, tennis, driving range / golf, shooting hoops, etc., plus I just bought a new dumbbell set, and a huge work out mat to do Insanity / P90x type shit too. I'm determined to get my abs back, and I want to be ready if a cane swell comes through or if I decide to take a trip somewhere. Next I'm getting a new bike, someone stole mine a few years ago off my porch of my last place and I never replaced it.

5. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    4 months 'till the Carrib.

Kanman, eatswell and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  6. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    ^nice.

I have a “pre trip regimen”. It does not include getting my abs back lol!

I have a yoga mat (no joke), exercise bands, dumbbells, and my bike...plus I will swim. Squats, push ups, and the burps (I think that’s what you call them), crunches, and tons of stretching and band work. Not a runner...just ride my bike which isn’t as good but my knee is suspect.

I will be ready for 4-6’. I have a beefy 6’ 4” Minami and a 7’ pin tail (9’ for south shore antics).

Strengthening and breathing will be my key focus!!!

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  7. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    California late fall. Want to score Rincon with a decent swell, Swamis, and a few other spots. Gonna be a last minute swell specific trip.

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Right on, cutting back on the booz has had a big impact for me too, which isn’t as fun, but it works.

9. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Really considering a trip with a couple friends right now to Oahu. It has to be in the next 3 weeks. I mean, we have to be back in 3 weeks from now.

My one friend just got dumped by his fiance (sounds like me 5 years ago!) and was gonna go there for honeymoon in September/October. Thinking about going with him. Can't do it any later than that because I'm going to Asia (not for surf, but might surf while there) at the very end of the month for a week, then I go back to work less than a week after I get back and then I'm pretty much locked down until a week I get off in January.

I got the money for it, so why the hell not? Can't stand sitting here, chasing down ankle high waves every few days.

MrBigglesworth and Kanman like this.
  10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Just go bro! With or without him. You could use the time away I bet.

MrBigglesworth and eatswell like this.
  11. eatswell

Jul 14, 2009
    I absolutely can! I mean, I have enough money that I could have spent like 3 weeks there! There still is part of this (so far shitty, depressing and boring!) summer left to salvage, but it's running out.

12. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Dude, you could easily do a 10 day stealth mission. Hang out on south shore. Eat some fresh fish, surf your brains out, and maybe score really good. Gives you 5 days to plan and 5 days to get home and prep for your work.

You have been bummed and trying to help your bros (which is righteous) but some Hawaiian air will cure a lot.

You could go to Ruger market after a sesh and get the best Ahi Poke around, hang out on a beach front lanai and sip a smoothie and maybe meet the girl of your dreams...and surf your brains out.

Nothing is holding you back but you. Just go for it. Start tonight!

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Like JD said, nobody is stopping you but you. You’ll be glad you did.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  14. eatswell

Jul 14, 2009
    This all sounds pretty suite! I don't know about the meeting the girl of my dreams part. On Oahu? That'd be nice and all, but I don't live there! That would be my like though! Meeting some dream girl that many miles away haha.

15. eatswell

Jul 14, 2009
    I think I'm gonna do it! The camera on my phone is shot, so I won't get to crazy with pictures, which sucks for me, as I'd like some more.

I think my friends are gonna wanna go, too!

DawnPatrol321 and Kanman like this.
  16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah dude that’s awesome!

eatswell likes this.
  17. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Same. Looking at a SD trip in Nov. I have three weeks in a row with holidays. Might bank off them and do a full week.

My pops also retires and is relocating to Boca Raton in Oct. I have a board down there already and my plan is to do FL strike missions every chance I get. Not having to pay for room and board is gonna be so suite. Had a blast last time I visited and surfed Delray.

18. eatswell

Jul 14, 2009
    Because why not? This summer has been miserable.

And there haven’t been enough waves to go around here at home.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Exactly man, why settle if you don’t have to? I’m a bit jealous but happy for you!

eatswell likes this.
  20. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Quit thinking about it! Buy one of those disposable water cameras and have fun with it!

eatswell likes this.