Major Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Aug 29, 2018.

1. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    It’s decent for cars and trucks but small engines seem to really like Stabil products, Starbrite, and K100 is always an excellent fix in a bottle

sisurfdogg and Mr.Belmar like this.
  2. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I use sea foam in all my small stuff- whacker, blower, mower, and generator and seems to work great. I start my generator periodically. I also will use no E when it’s convenient. I may have to try the Stabil.

sisurfdogg and MrBigglesworth like this.

3. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    SON OF A BIOTCH!

I hadn't even been keeping track of flo.... my neighbor just asked me if i have anything expensive in my work truck. I look at him weird. He says get it out of here, we are getting hit with a hurricane Tuesday/Wednesday. Luckily it's not looking like he was totally right. But still. Just moved DIRECTLY on the water last month. Don't want anyone else getting hit, but i especially dont want to get hit. I ain't prepared man. I still don't know where half our stuff is. I knew this would happen sooner or later. Was kinda banking on having time to prepare though

4. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
  5. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    FB_IMG_1536444521367.jpg The swell is here

Kanman, Betty, DosXX and 6 others like this.
  6. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Betty and nopantsLance like this.
  7. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    It’s great for me because we don’t have access to Non ethanol gasoline so I’m constantly fending off that phase separation in everything - but gold star for periodic run ups! Keeps that fuel from gumming up

Betty likes this.
  8. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Your only worries will be wind and storm surge water levels where you are. Sounds like I’m joking but if your not subjected to open surf and storm surge waves, your much better off. And you’ve got a lot of sheltering structures and no tall trees to fall on your casa. And this one won’t be anything big for you Bud, so don’t get worried yet. Buy some cheap folding legs tables and put your tools and stuff on them and up off the floor.

Betty likes this.
  9. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    LOOKATTHATLEEEEEEEFT!!!!

Nice stuff!

Betty and Notaseal like this.
  10. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Edisto buoy is picking up 12 sec swells....

11. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Ng for outter banks...

A couple of different models have it sitting there for days... that would be unbelievable, couldn't imagine the flooding

As far as the small engines go, I work on them quite a bit- a lot of the additive stuff is more of a preventive measure, you really gotta run a lot through to clean it out good. As mentioned starbright works good, and seafoam- but seafoam seems to make the engine run a bit hotter if you put a lot in...

The best thing to do is just take apart the carb and clean it- or buy a new one, sometimes cheap Chinese Honda knockoffs on amazon. the main thing with the carb is emptying all old gas, dropping the bowl on the bottom- and empty the old gas in there- the clean out that whole thing with carb cleaner. Then clean the jet and emulsion tube- that's the center bolt that holds the bowl on and the tube that runs up the center of the carb from that bolt. There are different designs- you can YouTube it- it's easy. If your engine doesn't run smooth and revs up and down- 9times out of ten- it's the jet and emulsion tube. Some of the jet screws in small older engines have small holes it the threads that get clogged- clean with wire brush and thin wire to clear hole.

Anyways- hope all that helps someone!

Betty, MrBigglesworth, JayD and 2 others like this.
  12. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Yep. Nice post - and dropping that bowl is really easy and then spray some carb cleaner right down the emulsion tube (sticks straight up in the carburetor throat) and it will blow out any jelly, water and varnish out of the tube. Just be sure to put it back clocked the exact same as it came off - let’s the float drop down and bowl to fill. Make a little scratch mark line in the bowl and one on the carb body to line up with and your golden.
    How many times did that mess you up along the way Mr. B? Got me a few times lol usually when it was an impromptu repair in the grass sweating my nuts off

Betty likes this.
  13. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Is that your break? That’s not good for you guys if so, no? This thing is looking more like it’s gonna nutkick
    Some people ... not good

Betty likes this.
  14. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    On account of Flo, most of the Norfolk area Fleet will be heading out to sea tomorrow.

Betty likes this.
  15. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

sisurfdogg and MrBigglesworth like this.
  16. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Your right, I'm just worried about flooding from the bay/canal. If it floods bad i can be stuck since there's only one way out. Luckily for me it's not looking like it will hit us. Still it's a kick in the ass to get on my game and put a plan in place. Although anything is possible still. Not looking good for OBX. Hope you guys stay safe. It's looking like a doozy

Betty likes this.
  17. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Time to order your pizza and Chinese food folks.

This is for everybody else not involved with hurricane prep.

smitty517 and Betty like this.
  18. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    New updates don't look good for NC/SC. Best of luck for you guys in the Carolinas. Stay safe.

19. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
  20. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    From flhurricane.com:

GFS Starting late Thursday/Friday morning stalls Florence over or near Cape Hatteras for several days (Cat 4) through at least Saturday.

CMC also stalls Florence over or near Cape Hatteras for several days (Cat 4) through Saturday. then it glides southwest toward landfall @ Jacksonville, NC. next MONDAY morning (Cat 2/3)

GFS V3- Wilmington, NC Landfall cat 2/3 Friday morning

12Z Euro -- Wilmington, NC Landfall cat 3/4 Thursday night/early friday AM, then stalls out near Boone, NC

12Z NavGem - Wilmington, NC Landfall Cat 3 Saturday morning