Major Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Aug 29, 2018.

1. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    F0D25048-5D3A-47C0-9F5A-D214AA0F584F.jpeg Isle of palms this morning

2. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Which guy are you Frost? Looks fun.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  3. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    approx 1130pm high tide tonight.....gonna be fingers crossed to see what's still in one piece by daybreak.
    Bogue Pier looked like it was shuddering every time a big set heaved into it this afternoon.

4. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    My oldest works and lives in Burgaw, NC. His ole lady took the kid to her family in Ohio. He had to stay as he is considered essential personnel. He's got his generator, ham, cheese, bread, a case of Miller High Life, and a bottle of Jack. Chip off the old block.

5. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    are u in vb?I wish u guys the best, hope it aint that bad,but it definitely looks bad.theyr just very unpredictable,i didn't evacuate for sandy even tho it was mandatory.it was bad,but not that bad imo,like my house didn't float away or I had to sit on my roof for a week.still bad tho,in other areas houses did get ripped apart.its that red blob in the middle of the storm u really have to worry about,the bands aint shit but windy rain.

6. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    That would be none
    I got a few after I snapped that pic
    was out there about 3 hours...
    but the size and the power combined with the north to south current was a bit much for me

7. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    So up here in Boston, there’s been next to no coverage of the storm cause we had a gas company over pressure the system in three towns and over 60+ homes caught on fire or exploded. They evacuated entire towns - it was a shite show.
    What’s happening down there? Is everyone alright?

Notaseal likes this.
  8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I saw that on the news. Do you thing there is any foul play involved with that? Too early to tell? Seems fishy to me. I hope nobody you know was hurt in that situation.

9. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    There is an ongoing investigation behind the official one into the cause and there’s been an effort to keep people from thinking along those lines...
    It could have been catastrophic and it’s amazing there weren’t way more injuries.
    There are failsafe safety systems in place that are constantly checked, that are there to prevent this very thing from happening so the question is how did they all fail?

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Hmmm, make me very suspicious. Let’s hope it is a tragic accident but my gut tells me it’s not.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  11. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Curious how NICA is doing? Anyone heard from him?

nopantsLance and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  12. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Me too. I stay at the very north end of North Topsail when I'm down there and supposedly that end of the island is completely cut off. Not sure where NICA lives.

Betty and nopantsLance like this.
  13. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I was out surfing the last few days, and during the long long long lulls I kept hearing the posers saying how they got to FPI and it was sooooo crowded and onshore and they got there too late but now they've scored season passes so wow I'm impressed. Slacker millennial wanna bees. And they can't catch a decent wave down here either if their lives depended on it. LOL

MrBigglesworth and Betty like this.
  14. Braap

Braap Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Screenshot_20180914-214221_Twitter.jpg Bogue inlet from this evening. About 2 miles and can see waves hitting

Attached Files:

15. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    The end of Carolina Beach pier is gone... Hard to tell how much has been broken off; my guess is about a third. Just saw video of a drive down Canal Drive on CB. Flooded but I've seen it worse. My place looks alright; windows seem intact, shingles look good. Don't know when I'll get home though.

SCOB3YVILLE, Notaseal and Betty like this.
  16. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Any looters out & about? Should be a special torture room for those fokkers. Or just allow folks to shoot them.

17. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Just stay safe, CB. Be smart, be strong.
    Slow Flo just keeps hanging around and has certainly worn out her welcome. VB dodged the bullet this time, but we're thinking about and praying for our Carolina neighbors. My youngest son is in Ft Jackson SC, and Flo is headed their way, if not already there with flooding and power outages.

18. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Open season...
    [​IMG]