Good movies to see

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by MrBigglesworth, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Went right by me.....sorry...I am very slow today! lol

SCOB3YVILLE and La_Piedra like this.
  2. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Saw Bumblebee with my wife, she loves the Transformer franchise, it was fun to watch on the Big Screen. Here's a few more:

Big Wednesday

The Big Lebowski

Little Big Man (Dustin Hoffman was awesome)

Big Trouble in Little China Town

Big

3. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Not really into horror, but house of 1,000 corpses and devils rejects were really well done movies.
    Rob zombie did a good jobbe

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Not a huge Rob Zombie fan but have sampled some of his offerings, the guy is actually super talented

5. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Rob Zombie opened the Pantera show at the WPB Auditorium late 80s before the Jehovahs Witnesses bought it from the city, it was one of the last shows there. July, and the AC broke. It was 90 degrees outside, much hotter inside, smelled like weed and sweat. The mosh pit was EPIC. Good times! Pantera was insane!!!

6. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Got a buddy who went to see Pantera a couple of months ago at the Tacoma Dome, says it was one of the best concerts he's ever been to.

He's a half generation behind me, I slid out of metal into alternative by the time Pantera showed up.

sisurfdogg likes this.
  7. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    My mosh pit days are a distant memory. Last time was ???

But it was a legal adrenaline rush! Surfing Da Pit!

8. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Downstairs at club Middle East in cambridge ...
    Sam Black church, Road Saw, Quintaine Americana and Honky Ball. scissorfight opened the festivities ... I broke a hand and had a bloody face and loose teeth midway through that pit. And a few noses and a dudes clavicle broke themselves on that hand, Hahaha
    SBC were banned from playing in clubs around the Boston area for a few years because of what those shows turned into. So the clubs would list them as “TBA” on the show lineups - and surprise! Instant blood bath first song in.

sisurfdogg and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  9. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    B28F5ED9-5FB4-420B-966E-F778B51590F7.png
    This footage was from that club and a few others in the area... telling you what guys, they were KING in the local thrash scene. Insanely good shows and their music was massive. Best way to describe it.
    They opened for Godsmack at a big local venue and Sully went out on stage and shook their hands and was blown away - invites them to keep playing for a few more songs and just watched the place implode. Sick memory

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  10. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    SBC... sick. Saw them up in Boston 15 some odd years ago. Madball and some others too. Can’t remember much but it was awesome

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    “Can’t remember much but it was awesome”

Lol

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  12. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Dude i saw madball a few times. Always fun to see.

Growing up i was really into hardcore and deathmetal scene. Bands that make pantera look soft. And i love pantera.

In NY they had "crews". Thug squad was a big one. It was an intense time. The pits were essentially full on melees. Guys sneaking brass knuckles in, knives, whatever. If you weren't in the pit, you got targeted. I seen so many people leave bloody while avoiding the pit and just trying to enjoy the show. If you were in the pit you better hope you didn't hit anyone from a crew or else you were getting jumped. Bouncers were in thug squad. They'd take you into a back room and beat the snot out of you. I was 15-18 and was going to shows a few times a week. Lots of good local bands on the scene at that time. But man after awhile i couldn't take it anymore. To many knives pulled and full on brawls. To many girls punched for no reason other than they weren't moving. The scene essentially died when every small venue on the island got completly destroyed from the mayhem.

Crazy times. Fun times. So many stories that would resemble a scene from a movie. But so glad to have moved on from that.

13. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    DMS ran shit in NYC... my boys brother was in so we went to a ton. Madball, AF, Skarhead... so many heavy nights. It was fun as hell but crazy. DMS was no joke. Dummies would act up, get smacked around and thrown out in the street.

Last night I had a glass of wine on the couch and watch Moana... life is different.

14. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Hahaha ain't that the truth! I didn't go into the city to much for shows as i was more into the local scene on the island. But yeah thug squad was essentially the island version of DMS.

Speaking of DMS, was in the movie theater watching a movie. Forget the name. Good movie. Jaquiem phionex was in it. Some cop/gangster type movie. Anyway there's a scene in like a hallway or something and on the wall is a DMS tag. I thought it was the coolest thing at the time. Telling the story now i realize it wasn't that cool haha. But yeah.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  15. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Our crews were BBC and FSU.
    Then there were the Hammerskins that would show up and beat people with ball peen hammers.
    You weren’t allowed downstairs at The Rat if you were affiliated after one dude came to a madball show wearing a helmet. Really. They were running him through the melee like a battering ram.
    And it’s hilarious, I went to bed at 10 last night after watching episodes of grim with the wife.
    An BMon, Lamb of God in that list of yours? Metal Church, ICP, SlipKnot... and I also listen to Garth Brooke’s and Gordon Lightfoot hahahahaha

Ok, back to Frikken Movie lists!!

Notaseal likes this.
  16. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I never really got into that NYC old school hardcore sound. I love anything metal but I thought all that straight edge and fighting nonsense was lame....although that may have come along a little later. The only bands I liked out of that genre were the Cro-Mags (who I actually saw open up for Eyehategod a couple months back and they were still tight) and Bad Brains. If we're going not so far back Suffocation, Vision of Disorder, Full Blown Chaos, Pro-pain and Sworn Enemy were really good. My wife still rocks a Full Blown Chaos t-shirt from time to time.

17. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    I remember when the Bad Brains came to town. They took all the furniture out of the little bar on Singer Island, they were stage diving across the room, and it was full on chaos. They had to close the joint for repairs for a week or so.

Nampoint at Warped Tour in the early 90s in Pompano Beach was a heavy pit on a concrete pad and off to the side was a metal cage with motorcycles - three of them! rolling around for ambiance - while slow folk got stomped. Made the Dropkicks look like the Partridge Family. We NEVER wore cuffs, collars or any garb. Just quick hands and feet and swivel heads. Board shorts and tee shirts and Vans. No Doc Martins and suspenders goon squad shit. Still alive and unscathed.

NICAfiend, NNYNJ and MrBigglesworth like this.
  18. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Yeah, Dropkicks were light night Siss...
    And I never wore suspenders but I did wear docks and have them to this day. It was usually jeans and a tee shirt you didn’t care much about cause it was usually torn and bloody by the end.
    And I had a dude stop in midbeating after I wailed his buddy, because I had a frikken CRO MAGS tee shirt on Hahahaha. Called me an asshole for wearing it to Shitehole like this. No word of a lie.
    Still have the scars but not the tee sadly hahaha

sisurfdogg and NNYNJ like this.
  19. BassMon2

Jan 27, 2015
    Love cro mags and sworn enemy. I got a sworn enemy tat across my chest.

And Mr.B lamb of god for sure. It's funny. Pops raised me on music. He'd quiz me and my sister on things. Whos this type thing. I listen to such a wide range of music from heavy to light, old to new. Hell im listening to Frank zappa now haha. But that heavy music, never grew out of it. Still love it. Just ditched the wild scene. By the way, hammerskins? Wasn't that a white supremacist group? That's heavy to of had them around.

NICAfiend and sisurfdogg like this.
  20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    While you guys were moshing and other "girlie-men" activities, I was banging your girlfriends, wives etc.
    I had more fun. So did they.....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019