Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by sisurfdogg, Jun 3, 2017.

1. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Your tired of politics? seriously? aren't you a major contributor in that thread? I really don't know because I found the ignore button

2. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

La_Piedra and Yankkee like this.

3. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    It’s good that you’re reading all of my posts.
    It’s great that you hit the ignore button.
    It’s pathetic that you personalize this issue merely because you have anger issues, sweetness.

antoine likes this.
  4. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I think that statement stands alone

5. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    "the world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?'"

- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Kyle and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  6. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Lol she really said that? I wonder if she has a blue dress with a little bit of Al Gore on it

Barry Cuda likes this.
  7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Ok, I get it.
    But...she does have "purdy lips".....

8. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    This idea that humans are too insignificant to effect the climate of this planet is curious to me. I mean, if we were so inclined, we could destroy most life on this planet, and radically change the climate in about an hour or so, give or take.

9. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Horse teeth.

Yankkee likes this.
  10. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Nope. You might destroy LARGE mammals etc, but there are large populations you will never touch, just give them an opportunity of grow large as you did, evolving from the rat that you did. <grin>
    As for changing temps, just temporarily, sure. The asteroid that took out the dinosaurs had more power than if you exploded ALL the nuclear arsenals. 10,000 times more, it is estimated by science. We are still here, and there are the poles still in existence.
    But, as I wrote before, we have been here 200,000 years--the Earth has been her 4.5 billion. You are but ONE of millions of species that have lived here before your arrival. To think you are any different in regards to survival, is nothing but Pride, one of the Seven Sins.
    You will die. Soon, in terms of geologic time. Your species and all your descendants will also. Bye!! Thanks to plate tectonics, in due time, there will no record of humans existence.
    Cheers!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  11. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Hmm...there would be a danger in that....

Sir_Ballyhoo likes this.
  12. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    You might not kill every animal with a nuclear winter but you would kill a great amount of species and also alter the DNA of pretty much everything going forward. I would consider that a pretty big impact on mother earth.

13. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Being capable of affecting the climate with nukes is far different than saying we are affecting the climate with cars

14. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    lol

Cheers

15. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Yours was altered. And so was mine. 65 million years ago. But yet, here you are, swarming all over the Earth as a rodent infestation. There is NOTHING we can do to DESTROY (in its LITERAL meaning) the Earth. We are not so empowered. Although we think we are.......face it...we suck.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  16. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Still, we need to disavow ourselves of the notion that humans can not affect climate. We absolutely can. Now whether the daily fuel consumption activities of 7.7 billion people has an affect on our climate, you guys can debate that, but I'll defer to the folks who spend their lives studying the climate, and not some random guys on a surf forum...although I do like you guys.

17. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Evidence, please.
    And don't give me NSF ice core studies....they are lousy and solely observational, to date.

18. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I don't think the argument is whether we can. It's whether we are...
    I'm not saying whether we are or not as I do not know.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    La_Piedra likes this.
  19. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Ankle grab...?