Super Bowl LIII

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Sounds a lot like what the Pirates are doing in Pitt. I know it seems like the players are acting entitled but more than half the teams in MLB are over 50 million below the luxury tax and almost a dozen are 100 million below. Miserly owners plus entitled players equals a mess that could result in another lock out. Our national team gets spanked on the reg by Asian and Latino countries. The national past time is in danger of becoming fringe except in big markets within a decade.

La_Piedra and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I think the driving factor behind the lag in the free agency market is driven by the fact that a lot of superstars in the last decade were being signed to 10 year, $200 million dorrar contracts and only performing for half of it. After 5 years, most of these players haven't been living up to the terms and teams have had a horrible time unloading the players and/or the contracts.

Collusion? Maybe. But more likely, it's just smart business sense to correct the market.

I think the other factor driving miserly attitudes has everything to do with that farking "Moneyball" movie. Beane had a couple good years using those stupid sabremetrics, throw in a handful of millennial front office geeks that swallowed that garbage and you've got a completely new brand of baseball thinking that a group of .230 hitters and 2-pitch pitchers with a lifetime ERA north of 5.00 will consistently win championships lol. But I digress.

But hey, the infield shift thing looks like it's here to stay, until hitters learn how to beat the shift regularly.

Kyle and ChavezyChavez like this.

3. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Exactly. I loved baseball in the 70's and 80's. In the 70's, Smaller market teams like the Pirates, Reds (Big Red Machine), Athletics, and Royals all had top teams. From 79 to 92 there was a different winner every year with the Dodgers and Twins being the only teams to win two in that time frame. The Yankees have always been the Yankees, except from 79 to 92. I don't hate the Yankees by any stretch, I like good baseball, but I think when it has become so slanted towards the big teams (Yanks, Sox, Cards,Cubs, Giants) it's not good for the overall health of the sport.

sigmund, La_Piedra and Kyle like this.
  4. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    baseball during the steroids era was also a good time. bonds, mcguire n sosa all leading the HR list. it was a good time

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  5. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Love it or hate it, most old school talent scouts are largely unemployed now.

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    As they should be. They never the less ruined enough lives.....

7. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  8. nopantsLance

Aug 15, 2016
  9. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Ok I admit that this one took me a minute lol

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  10. nopantsLance

Aug 15, 2016
  11. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    And i'll admit..... this one took me a second to get. Then i died.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  12. nopantsLance

Aug 15, 2016
  13. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    what a kook

seldom seen likes this.
  14. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Giselle had a shortboard

15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    12B49C54-72A4-46F4-9128-F6126D5D0820.png

16. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
  17. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Man am I regretting not buying that Asian Day Spa groupon I saw last month

18. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    I had to look this up to find out if it was true lol.

Oh man

19. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    And supposedly they have live action video surveillance... ha

DawnPatrol321 likes this.