Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by sisurfdogg, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
  2. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Beats me. It was reported in 'Fortune' magazine....hardly a bastion of the libtardian empire.

3. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  4. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    I am sure it was picked up from a liberal site and re-reported all over.
    And what are plague carrying rat fleas supposed to do?? Jump over to humans??

5. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Headlines: "New Black Plague Outbreak Linked To Global Warming"

Still, interesting that an extinction was tied to the phenomena.

Yankkee and Barry Cuda like this.
  6. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    Well, we can hope can't we??

Barry Cuda likes this.
  7. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  8. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  9. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  10. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Exactly why you never lease anything. Buy it outright and avoid all the bs.

DawnPatrol321 and Barry Cuda like this.
  11. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Have to disagree Barry. My solar panels power my home 100% and I will get my ROI in less than 7 years (panels have 25 years warranty, system 10 year). The tech is there and the credit helped me not pay any fed taxes for 2 years. And if uncle sam and local governments would get out of bed with big energy and open up the PPA market it would be even more beneficially to do. The government and lobbyists are the bigger problem versus the quality of the tech imho.

sisurfdogg and NotAMasshole like this.
  12. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    You are in warmer country--we do not have sufficient light hours during winter. My best friend here in NH has them and he is disappointed in outcome.
    Now, you SHOULD get 100% ROI back in 1 year, warranty for LIFE for panels and system. We are settling for mediocre outcome. The panels should be no larger than 1 ft square as presently they make home look like poop. Am I asking too much?? No. We need to be visionary, not conform to this or it will never improve.
    just opinion of course

13. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I think it's cool you have solar power for your home. I think it's best to have incentives for people who go solar and help drive the private industry, but I am not a fan of government mandating it or getting too involved.

capecodcdog and La_Piedra like this.
  14. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    https://www.tesla.com/solarroof

100% ROI in one year? So the cost should be the same as your electric bills for one year? Yeah that's asking a lot. And again, I don't think it is us conforming that is slowing down the innovations, it is the government and lobbyist. The amount of red tape you have to go thru to get them installed and then to try get a PPA license so you CAN decrease the ROI time is insane and would deter 90% of people from doing so. I am just an annoying a hole that wouldn't let it go (which I know doesn't surprise any of you lol). Also, I still am not allowed to disconnect from the grid per Florida state law, I had to install an unpermitted (shhhh) kill switch for my flow into the grid so I can installs a couple Tesla powerwalls and be able to use my solar energy when the power goes out (ie hurricanes). The state government is truly trying to deter individuals from becoming truly energy independent so they can give FPL time to catch up and build vast solar farms so you can buy solar from them.

15. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Keep the tax credit imo, but yeah, the government should never be in the mandating business when it comes to your personal property.

16. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Yeah, government should be out of it for sure.

Actually, electric bills and Natural gas for us here in Northeast should be "free". You guys in Florida should be billed for it. You need to pay your "fair share" because you get more sun than we do. I think I will tell Bernie to make that part of his campaign. And AOC will say "What do we need electric companies for", which, to say the least,is grammatically incorrect English.....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Kyle and La_Piedra like this.
  17. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    100% ROI in one year....? I've never heard that, B. What are you doing, running a printing press in your basement to keep all those fake Benjamins flowing? :D

It's gotten better, ROI has dropped from 15-25 yrs to maybe 6-8 yrs. As well, the 30% or whatever the tax incentive is to install solar is a big reason why folks install solar. Who is kidding who, at the end of the day the granola crowd talks it up but won't install solar unless someone is giving them something to do so. As in, your tax money!

nopantsLance likes this.
  18. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    I am being cynical.....again. Sneering.

Yankkee and La_Piedra like this.
  19. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Well, in just a couple of years we'll have 20 million Californians telling us exactly how they feel about having solar energy mandated, and how efficient it really is.

nopantsLance and Yankkee like this.
  20. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    I hope California mandates residents to buy a Tesla car, like it or not. No more gasoline cars to be used; gasoline stations closed. Electric plugins at every Taco Bell.