who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Amazing day down here in Central fL. We deserved it after a long spel of crummy waves. Head high, clean, and barrelling. Had two sessions, surfed out

2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Nice! i hit a spot just north of sebastian inlet and not as clean but chest to head high range and delivering got punished in a few big closeouts but rewarded on other open faces.

3. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    sisurfdogg and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Today we have crap conditions with crap wind waves, with crap cold air, with crap cold waters, crap cloudy day.
    As per usual.
    I think I will go take a crap........

5. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Plenty of swell in the water this AM in NoMoCo. Wind was still too north and a lot of water moving around... That along with the cold rain made it unappealing. This afternoon should be super fun as wind turns more west

desandan likes this.
  6. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    "Tis what I waiteth for......

7. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    that's how it was for us down south. def keep your eyes on it. it was the following morning when we scored bigly

Notaseal and desandan like this.
  8. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Balls deep in mud and flood waters right now. Finishing up a job. Just like last week, the West winds behind this storm look gnarls. Hope to get some tomorrow AM.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I snuck out of work 2hrs early today and surfed for 3hrs on the Green Fish. It was low incoming tide, chest - head high on the sets for about an hour, maybe 90 minutes, then slowly faded to waist high, maybe a chest high set every 30 minutes when it was getting dark.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  10. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Got my best wave of the year today and I am still pissed I missed so many more due to crowds and full moon high tide. Am I being a cry baby. Yes. That's what happens when the first wave is your best one, and the rest of the time you are out of position and making a few random drops.

It was a sweet way overhead left, breaking slow, then picking up speed, with offshores grooming and holding up the face so a nice smooth cutback could be had, getting back into the pit. Had the 6'6" NA round ass round nose out for easy entry. Connected to the inside from all the way out. It was butter. Like Chinese food, it left me hungry for more.

• Tomorrow should be longboard heaven early. Heading to Rocky Reef Sandy Shores Ocean Cove Cay Municipal State County Beach Point Jetty Bluffs Park for some high tide magic. Life is goode.

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    As predicted, the wind knocked it down significantly by yesterday afternoon. There were a few nice sets still coming in for sure, but the wind was blowing 30 with gusts to 40. One of those eye burning "spray-in-the-face" sessions.

Kinda sucked.... lol.

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  12. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Same here. I blew it. Friends were sending me pics all day from NY where it was firing!

13. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    I went out yesterday, Bethany Hamilton-style with my bum shoulder. I actually held up the whole session without much pain. (Got my arthrogram scheduled on Monday for my diagnosis.)

It was windy, but I actually got a few really fun lined up lefts and rights. Most of the waves were insignificant, however, being out of the water for 3 weeks really made me appreciate just being able to get my feet wet. I came out of that session refreshed and in a peaceful state of mind.

14. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018

Yup, wind is howling here right now, offshores blowing at near 50MPH (as per bouy reports).
    Been like that all morning. A few went out to surf so I parked and watched them for a full 20 minutes--not one surfer could catch a wave, not one wave ridden by about 12 surfers. Waste of time. Had there been no wind, surf would have been great. It has been like this almost every single swell this winter....you get waves, you get lots of wind. We had no Nor'easters this winter.
    I blame the Mueller Report.

MrBigglesworth, La_Piedra and Yankkee like this.
  15. JaimeL

JaimeL Active Member

Feb 28, 2012
    IMG_8026.JPG
    Barney, I mean Chris Farley, I mean JaimeL getting some waves somewhere west of Nias. Photo credit Johnny B Goode from Asu Surf Camp

16. JaimeL

JaimeL Active Member

Feb 28, 2012
    IMG_7807.JPG
    trying to put it on rail, West of Nias Photo credit Johnny from Asu Surf Camp #HeavyD on Dog Island

17. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    That wave looks soooooo ripable.

19. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    nice...when we were in indo the wind was wrong direction for the Asu lefts, but that meant offshore for the Bawa rights. I really wish we had scored Asu...that looks like goofy foot paradise. Stoked for you man.!

nopantsLance likes this.
  20. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    got dam, I gotta get back there...