Green Fish

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Mar 9, 2019.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I move my back foot round a lot on my fish.... way more than my shortboard. I have dents all over the place back there... sometimes taking the drop with my foot on the rail.

DawnPatrol321 and La_Piedra like this.
  2. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    When as a kid in the late 70s I used to surf twin fins on way OH days. I'd widen and lower my stance on the drop/bottom turn, and try to be more front footed on the faces. So some shuffling was involved.

La_Piedra likes this.

3. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    A lot of surfers initially make the mistake of trying to surf a fish like a shortboard. Draw your turns out, these boards want to "project". They naturally draw longer lines.

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I noticed I was afraid to pop up with my foot too far back and miss the tail and step off the back, because it’s smaller than any other boart I own. So my feet were a little too close together on the drop. Just have to gain my confidence that won’t happen and plant my foot where it needs to be. I did shuffle around a bit yesterday but was thinking more about my take off and turns more than anything regarding foot placement.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  5. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Your welcomed at my secret Inlet anytime, although one of my buddies let the secret out many moons ago....lol

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  6. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    All that foot placement stuff will come naturally once you get used to it, a couple of sessions and you'll be good to go.

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Is he now pushing up daisies in some remote cemetery???

fl.surfdog and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  8. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    I know, I have been quite for a while. I have a couple of free hours, just reading a bit and taking it easy...soon enough, there will be plenty of free time....if everything goes as planned.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  9. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Saw this on Coil’s IG. Really intrigued me. 5’3” x 20”.

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Sick, if you have never owned a Coil, you should. They make awesome boarts. I have two and love them both, and both are in great shape years later. This particular boart looks to have the “kick technology” AKA dimples. I have one with “kick” and then one that is traditional or smooth finish. Both are awesome.

Kanman likes this.
  11. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    I have a pal who rode one and loved it. He was telling me that durability is top notch, but I’ve also seen some coils that were buckled. The tech definitely interests me.

I think my next board will surely be a twin fin fish. Looking at that coil type or one of our local Jersey shapers like Wynn. He makes a sick feesh too.

[​IMG]

12. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    dig the finz, DP! good luck on it. think you'll be able to get some of use of it this week

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks man, fingers crossed wind cooperates and we get some clean lines.

14. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    That's a nice looking bort mang. I might have to jump back on the fish train, talking about it with a shaper now and if the price is right...

15. wyattelliott

wyattelliott Member

Mar 29, 2019
    This board is sweet. I've been seeing <a href=http://pacificsurftrade.com/content/index.html>quite a few solid fish surfboards</a> in SoCal lately on a craigslist and also on pacificsurftrade.com

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    The reason you are seeing a lot of fish for sale is because fish are "so yesterday". I never see one in the water anymore. Failed experiment, really....but, hey, some like them.

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
  18. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    We all know that you're a surfing trend setter on social media, B :rolleyes::D

19. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Go "FISH" with that bait ............. :rolleyes:

La_Piedra likes this.
  20. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Sweet Quiver ...... blue Fish is just Sic

Too old to ride them like O Barry why he thinks their "yesterday's"