who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I'm OK with missing surf like this past weekend when the fish are biting. My freezer is filling up with Rainbow and Brown trout. My wrist is still messed up but I'm getting a cortisol shot today. One more weekend of fishing in PA and then it's back to the surf for your Big Daddy.

2. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Got out three days in a row. Pretty stoked. Not so stoked to see myself on cam doing some weak front side hacks... but I was jamming on my backside tonight. Couple fun ones out there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Waves evaporated, substituted with North wind at 20mph.
    Forecasts sucked yesterday...as per usual.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  4. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    tomorrow...

5. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    promises , promises.....

6. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    X2 ..................... thank you

sigmund likes this.
  7. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Changing at the beach , its heaven to feel the road warm .

MrBigglesworth and antoine like this.
  8. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Oh, ok 'bud.'

9. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I'm not sure what's gotten into spring but I'll gladly take it. After a dismal end to winter the swells just keep rolling in. Saturday was crazy good, a pretty longboard wave yesterday morning and today got surprisingly good. My wife shot a couple from the pier on Saturday and after surfing this morning I went back out with a new water housing and played around for a good 45 minutes. It just feels so nice to ditch those dam gloves and sport a 3/2. The only drawback is I have a really tan head and a very white body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I surfed last night - talk about warm! Parking lot change at 7 p.m. into shorts and flip flops. 75 degrees out. Love that. Knee high waves but a good evening to swim around with the waterproof, catch a few waves. First session without gloves felt fine. Hardly anyone around on a beautiful warm evening - its still the offseason but feeling more like June.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sisurfdogg, Manik, NNYNJ and 9 others like this.
  11. grommet712

grommet712 Member

Dec 15, 2010
    surfed the other day. waves were chest high and choppy. nice and sunny. surfed with my brother which is always a treat. saw a coyote on my walk down to the waves. then saw a bald eagle molest the shit out of an osprey until the eagle got the fish from the osprey. did one turn that felt cool. good day. still hungry for more. nice pics above. makes me stoked on small east coast frothy days

12. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Nice pics...your face in that second one is the universal response in that situation! Really like the angle of first one with the wave peeling and the pier in the background.

NICAfiend, UnfurleD and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  13. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hey hey whats happening? Positively good stuff being posted here. What's up new guy?

That was fun spring swell, with the weather to boot, that came through this weekend. Saturday turned out way different than I was thinking it was going to be. I thought it would be a little peeling long board wave at most. Stayed home early and hit the beach later in the morning. I chose a spot that would the most long boardy. It was high tide. I expected it be small and mushy. I didn't look. Just grabbed a noserider ,no leash, and walked over the dunes. Found it waist high and bigger. Relentless and walled up. Took some work getting the log trough. I got as close as you get to being outside when a bomb came at of nowhere, whomped me, and took my ride back to dry sand. Sucked so bad. I went and got it, eventually made it out. Got into plenty of waves after. In early, no fade, right into getting five up front. When the wall got long, back to the tail and heave a turn straight. Let it crash and ride the reform all the way to the beach any way you want. The paddle back out was a little cruel and I lost my gear a few more times. But ended up surfing till noon.
    Had some fun in the neighborhood rest of the day. skating with the kids. Bourbons with the wife, lawn care, neighborhood get together a dusk.

Brought a fish along with the LB for Sunday. Drove up to glassy waist to chest lefts. Fished it for a bit until it got to lully and switched to the LB and moved down to a smaller but lonely peak. Had a blast on both boards. Had some coffee and eggs before a walk at the arboretum and Sunday dinner at Grandma's.

I'll take it. Hope yous guys get some more waves. Post up when you get a chance.

14. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    Our spring in a nutshell...

[​IMG]
    photo from Ralph's Pics

15. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
  16. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Yup--high winds with every mediocre swell.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  17. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Finally got the stick wet, 3 days in a row no less. Monday and yesterday was pretty choppy.
    Yesterday evening after work had some size to it. Few heavy thumpers going off deep outside kept it interesting.
    This morning dropped out but had some clean and fun little LB’ers.

18. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Oh man, I love paddling for a wave and having your face ripped off and getting blinded by the offshore spray! Ha Ha

sigmund and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  19. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    hahahahahah holy moly it's been a while since i've been on this site. rhode island has been treating me very well. haven't missed a swell in the year and a half since i've been here at college. that's about to change with internships and a girlfriend. real life stinks

great to see a lot of you guys are still posting on here. hope you're all doing well and getting waves!

Peajay4060 likes this.
  20. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Please post pictures of your girlfriend.
    Thank you.

Yankkee and DawnPatrol321 like this.