who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    ugh so awesome!

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  2. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    Im convinced the mid Atlantic Surfline forecasters dont even surf. Called for today to be "GOOD" yet dead E swell with dicey winds were obvious and now its at a "FAIR" rating the day of. And they are calling for "know your limits" on 3-4ft mush lol

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    They also said it would be waist high and clean this morning here in CFL and it’s dead flat. They updated it at first light saying this swell underperformed.

Meanwhile they completely missed the fun surf the past few days with undercalled reports and dismal forecasts.

There’s a chance it could be better on low incoming tide later this morning but not looking very promising. Looks flat for the rest of the week. Glad I got the waves I did last few days.

MrBigglesworth and desandan like this.
  4. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    "underperformed" lol

They were not even close. Expected 6-8 today and 3-4 tomorrow. So that means tomorrow will be flat now. At least the winds should be offshore tomorrow.

Kanman likes this.
  5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm glad I stopped paying for their "Premium" service years ago. If they can't get it right within a 12-24 hour window, that's not worth paying for. Good thing I live close enough to go check it myself.

MrBigglesworth and desandan like this.
  6. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    0804685B-4A3C-4AFE-8F5A-92D25264E70D.jpeg C2BFAFAD-1696-49DD-831F-B5F19DA5248D.jpeg Just got to San onofre and the point is legit right now

Attached Files:

7. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    Same here, I used to pay for it when planning to travel but I quickly learned the 17 day forecast is a bunch of crap. I just read the swell charts now and follow the weather.

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah, I mostly use the live buoy data and read an article or watch a video here and there. The HD cams are available at most spots with the exception of a few, you just have to sit through 30 seconds of a commercial, then 30 seconds of camera time which almost always locks up and spends your 30 seconds lol

desandan likes this.
  9. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Have been literally teabagged by the south Pacific on these back to back swells but managed to snag that sequence Mitchell posted a picture from as a consolation prize. I try to stay on top of my game, but this trip had been beyond humbling. Serious consequences and multiple water rescues occurring, adding to me taking legit double over head plus sets on the head and getting stuck in a rip on my last wave here and ending up washed on the beach (finally thank god) and coughing up water......I'd call it a score!

10. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    Like Mitch said, South swell in the water, been out last thursday, friday, saturday and yesterday. ranging from 3-5' to 4-7' and still more fun size this week...

MrBigglesworth, desandan and Kanman like this.
  11. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Ha I thought I was the only one that had an issue with the cams locking up! Always thought it was my old iPhone ...

12. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Surfed some nice offshore chunky wedging Head+ surf up in the great state of Maine today. A lot of energy in the water. Some of those sets, hmmm, you were either in the slot or on a trip to davy jones.

sisurfdogg, MrBigglesworth and Manik like this.
  13. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Woke up to 41 degree air temp and a wind chill in the high 30's. Wtf, it's mid May, Kidde is probably getting warmer weather in Alaska. Checked my reg spots and was underwhelmed(2-3 se windswell w/ ne wind, not my favorite set up.) Decided to just suit up right after low tide and paddle out no matter what. I went to the one spot I didn't check, that would be most exposed to the swell and the wind would be offshore. When I walked through the cattails and saw the wave, I was STOKED. Chest high with head high faces on bigger sets, clean, and no one out. I got a solid 3 hours, no one showed up.
    When I got out the terns were having a field day on the bait fish, I have freshwater fished this year but haven't tried saltwater yet.
    Life is goode

14. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Surfed almost every day for the last week. Completely spent right now.

Finally got some noteworthy conditions today and had a blast during the evening sesh. Just myself, my buddy and a few locals sharing some chest to shoulder high left-hand peelers. Perfectly groomed offshores and a bunch of very fun rides. A great way to go out.

I’ll be waking up in 6 hours for shoulder surgery. 5 months no surf... Wish me luck buoys. I’ll probably find myself lurking around here a lot more frequently to keep my stoke alive.

15. SCOB3YVILLE

Nov 16, 2016
    5 months ain’t shit. It’ll fly by, then come to SD and bring your girls friend back ;)

16. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    prolly only been lil over a week but the full summer flatness is in full effect on in s carolina. i've got a wedding south of here over memorial wknd, i'll prolly travel further south for the rest of the wknd if there's any potential. also looking at el salvador haha. happy for those who are getting some tho, right now i feel like a fish outta water

17. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Chest high offshore perfection this morning. Golden tubes in the low morning light. Awesome...

18. SCOB3YVILLE

Nov 16, 2016
    5875B2EF-5CF4-4D09-8956-227DBA1788A0.jpeg DD210765-74B3-4050-80BE-1CB3BBD2DF64.jpeg

It didn’t suck today. And close to home. Got a good beating a a big close out. Swallowed a bunch of water

19. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010

Hey Man Kanman let us know how everything goes... and the next few months are sure to fly by... it’s summer.. you’ll be ready for fall!

I don’t know if you heard, but I just earned my PhD from USi so if you need a second option after...

20. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    I’ll be there end of year if I can make it Brother. Can’t afford to miss work right now so I’ll suffer. BUT, it will be a scoping and cleanup with stem cell injections in repaired shoulder and the right one as well to try and counter further deterioration. No replacements so that’s huge for me. I just hope this season is decent to me and I can find time to surf before then lol

Kanman and DawnPatrol321 like this.