Official Nature/Empty Wave/Bird/Whatever Else Photo Thread

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by seldom seen, Dec 9, 2014.

1. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    It's rare when the wind is offshore around sunset but twice this past week it has been so I had the opportunity to mess around in the shorebreak. Easter Sunday was exceptionally beautiful and the reflection of the background colors on the curl of the wave in the 2nd picture was pretty neat too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    That last one reminds me of reverse Sandy’s at sunrise...good on ya!

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I was just sitting on my screened patio on my lunch break and this little fella came by to say hello. He let me get really close before he took off. He was looking me right in the eye as I spoke squirrel to him. He seems to understand lol

61F78049-DE6E-42BF-ABA9-ACC0B90FAEE9.jpeg CD86FB94-73BF-415B-838B-4B0DBB4BBD95.jpeg

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^ How come the picture posted correctly on my phone but on the computer it shows up turned sided ways?

5. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
  6. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    A few pics of my Kenai, AK journey.

My smoke break buddy, about 5 feet from my hotel door...meet Manuela Moosebaum.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Panhandler, Yankkee, DosXX and 3 others like this.
  7. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    "Middle Beach" located on Homer Spit, AK. Thought Homer had enough fetch to confirm rumors of surf but Alas, here's the proof. It *is* a pretty cool place, though.

[​IMG]

The "bay" side of the Spit, which is also a big marina. It's called "Land's End" because it's the terminus for the North American highway system.

[​IMG]

Homer Spit lighthouse. Below and behind is the world famous Salty Dawg Saloon, kind of an Alaskan version of Hussong's Cantina in Baja.

[​IMG]

NICAfiend, Yankkee, DosXX and 2 others like this.
  8. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    ...and last but not least, pictures of "trophies" to prove the Human Virus theory. There are dozens and dozens of every type of genus hanging from just about every wall in Alaska. I think the only place I didn't see a stuffed animal may have been the Kenai McDonald's, but don't hold me to that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017

Major red flag warnings regarding the impending human virus created apocalypse.

Panhandler likes this.
  10. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    I was on an extremely crowded beach yesterday afternoon trying to shoot surfing while dodging kids slinging sand and water and people throwing balls when this guy came along looking for a meal in the surf. Pretty stoked on this shot. I feel its the best bird picture I've gotten yet. I did very little to this shot other than crop it.

61960466_10211021682056789_2061177066165895168_o.jpg

nopantsLance, pdub, NICAfiend and 3 others like this.
  11. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

nopantsLance, Yankkee and La_Piedra like this.
  12. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Ospreys are very active around here from mid March to mid Sept. The male will arrive early and begin building the nest. The female arrives a little latter.
    I enjoy seeing them swoop down, hit the water nearby and come up with a fish. For their size, they are equipped with very respectable talons.
    We've also been seeing more bald eagles in our area.

Yankkee and nopantsLance like this.
  13. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I haven't yet tried this but may do so now that bug season is practically here.
    ...But I won't sit outside in my underwear.
    [​IMG]

Yankkee and nopantsLance like this.
  14. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  15. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  16. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  17. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  18. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
  19. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Visitor to my parent's front yard at their house in the mountains. He's a big sumbitch. Picture of the display on the back of the camera.

IMG_0938.jpg