Duck NC

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by seldom seen, May 30, 2019.

1. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    This is interesting. Like I was saying earlier, each road is a sub-development. Curious on the HOA/ownership aspect versus town public access that is on the books. Does HOA actually own that access or does town?

2. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Sense of humor much?

3. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    ^ Makes zero sense as you've constructed your sentences, so I'll pass on crafting a response o_O

4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I never said anything about antifa, assaulting anyone, or any of that. Againe, (remember who started using that shit first around here) those blinders are hindering your logic.

I find it beyond amusing a fkn SURFER is defending the HOA. It's a public fucken beach! Not everyone has the cheese for those surf simply lessons some people just like to surf where they live.

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Not really but ok?

You are defining people wanting access to a public beach blocked by private pathways as people wanting free shit. I disagree. Easier to digest?

6. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Any of yous ever read Animal Farm?

MrBigglesworth and La_Piedra like this.
  7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Are those people the head of the HOA or are they just residents in the community? I'd still shit on their door step and light it on fire just for how they handled the situation. But unless it's their responsibility to police the access then they really should just let it slide. They don't personally own the access, so it's not THEIRS. They just have the right to access it. Big difference.

desandan likes this.
  8. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    You are SI old major!

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  9. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Here in Florida we have a grandfather clause that states if you can prove an easement has been used for 20 plus years by beachgoers and fishermen, then it remains open to the public. But...most of the time the developers just rape and pillage and build big ass condos and people forget to exercise their rights. I dunno how it works in your village.

antoine likes this.
  10. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I think it could come down to easement laws (for instance, do you have to cross private property to get to public access?)...

11. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Wait, I take that back PJ! I think old major died!!!

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    This is how it works gentleman. One for every day of the week.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  13. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Old major was Lenin. V.I Lenin.
    I am The Walrus

antoine and JayD like this.
  14. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Little fuk boy will not be able to digest. If you do not agree with him you are wrong and passive aggressive...

seldom seen likes this.
  15. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    Yep, there you go again "amigo."

You deliberately misconstrue my words & then you attack, attack, attack personally. Really, buddy buoy? Can't stand that I go to CR to surf? Not my problem.

Try to stick with what I'm saying: Rule of Law. Those are the laws there in Duck. Don't like the laws of private property ownership? Well, too bad for you - - the precedent for these laws go back 300+ years in this great nation of ours.

Also you don't know that "rich people" own those homes. Some of those people may have purchased those homes 20, 30, 40 years ago. Working class, blue collar, white collar, professionals, they earned what they have in Life....the people who covet other folks hard-earned gains are the problem.

16. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    Hah. This is THE land of development. It is what it is. Local govts dictate the rules here, same as there, make no mistake about it; once the zoning parameters are in place, the developers play by the rules the govt grants them & up go the concrete castles.

Greed starts at the top & in America it's always one form of govt at the top of the $hitpipe.

sisurfdogg likes this.
  17. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    whoever said they wax windshields and mess with cars in another thread, these are the type of people you do that sht to

18. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    What a weirdo. Did SS mention Costa Rica? What a strange comment

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    He was responding to SS's comment about not everybody can afford the Surf Simply lessons, which is usually in CR. At least that's what I'm gathering from that exchange.

Yankkee likes this.
  20. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    I'm Joe Public. Welcome to my beach...