Dear Adnim, What's Wrong With The Forecast?

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by La_Piedra, Jun 14, 2019.

1. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    This site is dying, and I can't stop laughing

Yankkee likes this.
  2. MalibuLoggin

MalibuLoggin New Member

Jun 18, 2019
    So what websites are similar to swellinfo that work well? Not too familiar with reading a lot of charts and stuff bc swellinfo was very accurate where i am.

3. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    This must be how the Lunada Bay Boys felt when the cops tore down their bro shack

headhigh, Yankkee and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
  5. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    QUOTE="DaMook, post: 530005, member: 13906"]19 years later the y2k bug has affected the only website I care about. RIP

At 9am this morning the gray begins. I hope you are prepared.[/QUOTE]

Damn, 2009 join date.

#nolurker

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Dear Mr Loogin

Have you ever considered creating a “hello” threade to properly introduce yourself?? It’s kinda a right of passage around here and will help all the guys warm up to you.

Your pal and new bff
    Mr Belmarlogging

desandan likes this.
  7. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    My main tool is my cocque. If I wake up with a full boneur, there is good surf. If at half mast, it's ride-able but not perfect. Limp = flat.

8. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    That must be that Divine Rod thing you was talking about earlier

ChavezyChavez likes this.
  9. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    I don't wanna know what your abacus is.

antoine likes this.
  10. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Ben wah balls

La_Piedra likes this.
  11. Oldskima

Oldskima New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Yeah! Why's it happening?

12. robertchace

robertchace New Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Same thing here, and the app is no better

13. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Gray and flat here too...
    [​IMG]

Panhandler and Yankkee like this.
  14. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Like a rat deserting a sinking ship, i just bookmarked MSW :(

La_Piedra, goofy footer and Yankkee like this.
  15. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    That and windfinder app

16. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    DP,

Didn't SI upgrade the forecast page late last year to the current user friendly version? Micah was contracted for those upgrades so with that said why would the owners allow the site to whither away so soon! What's also puzzling some swellies know Micah well enough to reach out to him if he could seek status of the web site? I'm optimistic since the "URL" is still working their is slither of hope it doesn't collapse.

You would think by now Admin would announce some explanation :mad:

Yankkee likes this.
  17. KDHJB

KDHJB Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    In the Gray: A Journal

Day 2:

The gray hasn't shown any signs of color or stopping, hell it hasn't even shown a change in tone. We've all hunkered down and started considering new options, but old habits die hard, and I'm not sure how we'll make it out of this one. The overall discourse has remained civil, but we all know that will be short-lived. All we can do now is hope - hope that the next time we click the refresh button for the 100th time, we get a glimpse of that heart-stopping emerald green, or that piercing deep blue; I can't speak for everyone, but this far in, I'd even settle for a view of the dreaded red. Until that glorious polychromatic moment strikes though, we'll be waiting here in limbo, remembering both better and worse days on SI, with unfettered loyalty. And if the ship goes down, we're going with it.

(except for me, I mean let's be honest, I'll probably just jump back and forth between MSW and Surflie* :cool:)

18. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah idk, it has seemed a bit different the last 6-12 months though, like nobody behind the wheel different. I don’t know him like that but some here might know more.

Yankkee likes this.
  19. goofy footer

Sep 23, 2010
    Domain Name: SWELLINFO.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 204536520_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Updated Date: 2014-05-12T19:51:54Z
    Creation Date: 2005-09-02T14:38:57Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-09-02T14:38:57Z
    Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 146
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 1.4806242505
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/eppclientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/eppclientUpdateProhibited
    Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/eppclientRenewProhibited
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/eppclientDeleteProhibited
    Registrant Organization: Carbon Media Group
    Registrant State/Province: Michigan
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Email: Select Contact Domain Holder link at https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspxdomainSWELLINFO.COM

www.carbonmedia.com
    The Outdoors Online. Carbon Media Group's mission is to help brands identify outdoor pursuits and engage with those enthusiasts. We are the #1 DIGITAL MEDIA COMPANY FOR HUNTING, FIREARMS, FARMING AND ALL OTHER OUTDOOR PURSUITS. Our market-leading digital platform is made up of people who live, work and play outdoors and see these activities as an essential part of their daily lives.

• 30800 Telegraph Rd Ste 4805, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 · (248) 663-4440

Carbon Media Group
    Organization
    [​IMG]
    Carbon Media Group’s niche is to connect people who live, work and play in the outdoors. We beli…
    Carbon Media Group’s niche is to connect people who live, work and play in the outdoors. We believe there is a strong elemental bond between the people who live, work and play outdoors. We are committed to engaging with those seeking out information and telling their stories online, engaging and amplifying endemic news, content, entertainment and brand advertising. Carbon Media Group is headquartered in Bingham Farms, Michigan. For more information, visit www.carbonmedia.com

LinkedIn
    • upload_2019-6-20_8-54-50.png
      Twitter
      Facebook
      LinkedIn

20. goofy footer

Sep 23, 2010
    Just tired of this crap, we need answers so I called Carbon Media only voice mail so maybe others try Twitter/FB accounts.