Let’s get back to talking smack about surfing - or lack of it

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by MrBigglesworth, Jun 27, 2019.

1. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    I for one am saddened by the Pavlovian response to corporate shenanigans and IT gigglesniffers by all the crusty “old guard” Swellies over their colored Binky getting lost behind the couch - MAN UP!!!(and WOman up if your Betty!) pull up your jammies and stop sniffling! You’ve forgotten the Faces of your Father’s!! (Or the faces of the last wave you surfed)
    This is a surfing FORUMMME where sound medical advice, mental and spiritual healing words (except from that heathen OB) and lies about how big the barrel was we sorta surfed are the nectar of the gods! Break out of the trance...

Was gonna post a doctored up pic of that Mad Magazine cover with the dog and the gun and the by line about buying the mag or shooting the dog - but I like not being banned ... so go find it yourselves hahaha

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    desandan likes this.
  2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I hear ya, Bigs... With this flat spell, my stoke for the forummme is in the sh!tter. My bad...

Gonna take the kayak waaaay oot there today and see if I can't score a few doormats.

3. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    so tempted to buy a ticket to costa right now

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Stoke levels low... need.... waves...

desandan and MrBigglesworth like this.
  5. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Suite. Heading to LI this afternoon to fish. Flunking/plugging for bass today.
    Then heading offshoure for the tuna bite. Been en fuego this past week

desandan and MrBigglesworth like this.
  6. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Water has finally warmed up around here...to 58 degrees. Still 2'@7 secs though, which is not enough to create a rideable wave, and winds have continued to be fairly strong onshore every day for almost a month now.

But it looks like we've got something headed this way by the middle of next week in the form of 2'@22 secs out of the South, a great direction. Winds don't look to cooperate much, but fuck it I haven't surfed in at least a month or so, so I'm gonna try and give it a go. Not sure but I think my arm has healed enough to fudge it up gently out there.

this surf report brought to you by Windy.com

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Dear Swell info

I agree, the stoke factor is low- and the flatness is not helping... plus we have all been living in the gray for the past few weeks...

on the other hand, I am slightly stoked since I just picked up 2 new borts! amazing boards and deal! But boards suited for bigger waves...

Sorry guys... its reallllly gonna be flat for a while now...

If you really need to surf- just remember its always firing at the BELMAR! and the water is always warm! And you can go to Djais after surfing 23ft waves and hang with the locals...

Your pal
    Mr Belmar

desandan, Kanman and MrBigglesworth like this.
  8. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I love that kind of swell. 2' at 16+ period has produced some of my most memorable west coast days.

9. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    There's only so much fishing and drinking a fella can do. I get done work at 11 tonight. When I get home (to our house in PA) I'm going to teach my youngest son the fine art of pool hopping. I know, I know, a lot people of security web cams and stuff. We've got that covered. He has some Mexican wrestling masks (think Nacho Libre) so no one can identify us.

10. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    ^dude, bringing back some memories of late 80s summer nights and pool hopping.

It was always bitter sweet trying to get the girls to climb over the fence....

11. ChavezyChavez

Jun 20, 2011
    I've got it all mapped out. We're even bringing a step ladder.

12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I haven’t been pool hopping in years, good luck Chavez! Maybe you’ll be on the news when they pull their camera footage lmao

13. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    I’ve gotten so busted so many times pool hopping

MrBigglesworth and ChavezyChavez like this.
  14. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    good things coming to my little corner of the 808 this weekend, need it bad! got the surf DTs!
    swell.jpg

15. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah. There’s usually something promising with those kinds of numbers.

Throw in a decent offshore with some medium to chub tides and it starts getting magical.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  16. ChavezyChavez

Jun 20, 2011
    yeah, my son wants to bring along a can of spray paint and leave his tag at each pool. I had to shut that idea down. I mean, we're not Vandals. We're more like Visigoths.

17. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    I guess you could still hear the lamentations of their women if you guys peed in the pool, instead.

18. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Based on a forecaste I got off another site, I'm gonna get some waves tomorrow!

Will be some ankle slappers but some slide on a Saturday morning is always appreciated.

Hope everyone gets wet this weekend!

19. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    That’s what I like to see buoys! A pulse! NNYNJ - you need to go to Gilgo and meet up with me N Brookie and BassMon some time, it would be a blast to surf and hang Bro’
    Stoke for days with THAT crew I can promise you. Mayhap get KanMan in on the fun too... I inadvertently met Slashdog and his Lady last weekend and they were awesome. Great vibe and stoke and he was particularly nice to my daughter a few times and made a big impression. Girlfriend was nothing but smiles and laughing too.
    If I had the money and the time I’d make the effort to meet a lot more of you out on the waters - it’s amazing how different but DECENT you all seem to be.
    Right up until one of you is Dahmers protege’ hahahahaha

20. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Dude, i absolutely love Dahmer. Read his pops book, it was pretty damn good. But yeah, Dahmer is one of my favorite serial killers. I got a thing for killers who keep body parts in the fridge

MrBigglesworth and Kanman like this.