Dear Adnim, What's Wrong With The Forecast?

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by La_Piedra, Jun 14, 2019.

1. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    We all need to do a group migration elsewhere I guess cause no one seems to give a shit? Really bumming me out cause it’s like my online family here...

desandan and Kanman like this.
  2. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Been thinking the same thing. Someone pick a surf forum we can invade if this site goes down.

MrBigglesworth likes this.

3. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
  4. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Forecast was working again for a while and as of less than two days ago, but it's broke again, bruh.

5. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    ...and "N/A"

6. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Id keep coming here just for the forum as long as it stayed active.

7. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Dude. LMAO. And I thought *I* was a hater.

Looks like a major shitshow, might have to jump.

EDIT: I remember a couple of years ago around the dark gray times of The Great Swellie Banishment, there was a lot of flak going back and forth between the moderators and members. The adnims were attempting to justify their heavy handed actions by alleging that members were out of control with their behavior.

I pointed out to them that er.bb was WAY worse, and that their behavior made SI forum members look like choirboys. Of course, some idiot moderator (Hanna) responded that he visited the er.bb often, and did not notice any type of flagrant behaviour lol

denial is more than just a river in Egypt

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  8. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Leave a dead forecasting site for a dead magazine...

does this mean less people are surfing?

9. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Kinda like moving from one old folks home to another.

Dude people can post and surf lol. And if you couldn't, it's not like anybody on Earth could surf every day, all day. Ben Gravy surfs more than any of us, and he posts way more shit than anybody too.

the posting / not surfing analogy is funny sometimes, but the logic is pretty faulty. Seems like the new thing now is to make wild conclusions about people who have high post counts, for the purpose of insulting them because of a difference of opinion. Meh.

nopantsLance likes this.
  10. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    I was making a joke but please feel free to twist it any way you want. Post count? The f*** are you even talking about

edit: further explanation to prevent hurt feelings - the butt of the joke was the surf website industry, not people who are on the forums.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  11. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    This site will whither away without the forecast. We are already witnessing the great decline. I hope something proves me wrong, but I don't see it that way right now.

In the event that the site goes upside down, we should explore the alternatives. Just my .02 cents. The er.bb is pretty funny tho...

12. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    I liked this forume in particular because most of the folks are on the east coast. I could give a flying **** less about what is going on on the west coast unless im' about to get on a plane.

Also, I can't stand uppity west coast surfers. Not talking about the west coast guys on here (for the most part), but 5 minutes on surfer, MSW, any of the other forums I'm already sick of em.

East coast surfers have a different perspective on waves. We appreciate them more. Again, not all west coast surfers are like that, but even in my travels I have met dudes born and raised out there that really take what they have for granted, and don't understand the stoke that being a east coast surfer requires.

We're a dying breed. And this forume is one of the last places like it that exists. As far as I know.

KDHJB, sigmund, LBCrew and 4 others like this.
  13. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Put very well. Iv peaked at other forums, none where like this. I do believe you hit the nail on the head as to why

headhigh likes this.
  14. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Not arguing that. I agree with you guys for the most part. Hopefully we can keep this thing going and it’s just a lull. Time will tell.

I’m in need of entertainment before I can sarf again. Give me three more months worth and then I can abandonne.

15. Juan MC

Juan MC New Member

Oct 19, 2012
    #lukerfromtheshadows

This has been a major bummer, obviously I don’t post of this forum but swellinfo has been a staple in my life. I can’t recall how many times one of my friends have said what does swell say? Comparing this to Surfline and magic trying to figure out if I should blow off work or my gf. I glad there are a lot of stoked east coast surfers on here talking about ridiculous shit on the daily. It’s what I do with my friends in the group chat. This website was part of the community and it’s death is the end of an era. Hopefully we all Anonymously see each other in the line up and share the stoke.

KDHJB and La_Piedra like this.
  16. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah dude I was making a joke too. I thought we were cool.

you ok brah?

Kanman likes this.
  17. ltif

ltif Active Member

Nov 12, 2016
    When wild horses out West discover a watering hole, they commit it to memory and will return to that same spot over and over again even after it dries up. About every 3-8 weeks they will stop by that spot to see if the water has returned.

DosXX and La_Piedra like this.
  18. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Very sad to find this place sitting on its last leg. Anybody thinking this will go on indefinitely is kidding themselves. A website that labels itself as "THE MOST ACCURATE SURF FORECASTS AND TOOLS IN THE INDUSTRY" is pretty useless without a forecast. If they were gonna do something to fix things it would have happened by now. Instead, only silence (except for bannings of course). Eventually the advertisers will realize the clicks are gone and Carbon Media will no longer care to fund hosting of this site and they'll turn off the lights. I don't know when it will happen but one day we will try to log in and this place will be gone.

It seems to be a tale of greed, neglect and abandonment. There must be a larger story behind this than we know. Why would Carbon Media buy this place, make changes and then abandon it? Why would somebody (Micah) sit by and watch something he worked very hard on for years just go down the toilet without even saying a word? I can't imagine that the initial buyout was so big that he is living the NJShredMachine lifestyle now in Tahiti with a Hindu on his arm but who knows. So much doesn't make sense but there must be a reason.

Man, I frittered away a lot of hours on this forum in the past. I haven't been as active here as I used to be but I always thought I could count on this place to be here in case I needed medical advise or tips on selecting wetsuits for short women. If nothing else there was always a good laugh to be had. As others have said, I tried some other surf forums but this was the only one that really appealed to me. I've had a lot of fun here and got to know many cool folks some of whom I've had the pleasure to meet (not to fight) in real life. In one way or another I'll miss everybody I encountered here (except maybe Wayne).

I changed my aviator to gray-scale to match the status of this site. It will all soon be black.

Sad. Needless I say more.

NNYNJ, DosXX, La_Piedra and 3 others like this.
  19. Moon dog

Moon dog Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ben Gravy once dropped in on me!
    The second time he tried I ran him over.
    He left with his tail between his legs.

Juan MC, La_Piedra and Kanman like this.
  20. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Here's an idea:
    Why don't one of you fellers make a new site? It would be our forum plus links to all the other forecasting sites that have been mentioned in this and other threads? I know a lot of you guys have the smarts to do it. Your discussions on board designs leave me blown away. Making a website with a forum and links can't be that hard, can it? Someone step up! I'm too stupid. I don't know how post pics on here even with instructions that La P gave me.
    We could name it after our deceased brethren. Sandblasters.com