new bort

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by StarfishOrifice, Jul 10, 2019.

1. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Now I know why it took so long - Rawson. He works at his own pace.

2. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Youre also a dikchead and im not.

I buy what i can afford. Ill support my local shaper with a beer at the bar. Im sorry i dont feel the need to buy local because unoriginal blowhards like you buy into the local philantropist crap.

Ill buy whatever board local or pop out i like.

Have fun saving the world. Ill be having mindless fun on my surfboard. Jeez, some people take this surfing thing too seriously. No need for a personal attack when discussing boards, and for everyone who liked his post, up yours too.

3. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    not digging the shape at all but admire the craftsmanship

Barry Cuda likes this.
  4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Boo f’ing hoooo.

sisurfdogg and StarfishOrifice like this.
  5. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Yea... the dude's got skills. But I agree... I don't like the look of the template as much, but I'm sure it rides great.

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Be honest....it's a piece of junk...a useless fad again. Gay board.

7. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    never liked big swallowtails at all plus the channels kinda defeat the purpose of the twinnie

8. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I see what you're saying. Might work with a smaller sized keel... maybe.

9. StarfishOrifice

StarfishOrifice Active Member

Jul 10, 2019
    @bubs - the alcohol abuse has wrecked your serotonin leveled, you need to relax, you have the sensitivity of a premenstrual teen

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  10. StarfishOrifice

Jul 10, 2019
    explain? I was under impression the channeles would help build some speed in gutless surf

11. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    but they also act as stabilizers so its like having a third fin and that negates the looseness of a twinnie

12. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    1 kidney Barry is meaner than 2 kidney Barry

13. StarfishOrifice

Jul 10, 2019
    Bro, its plenty loose, I put the fins all the way back to get some stability, I cant turn it without the fins sliding out, its wildly skatey

14. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    cool. I love experimenting with shapes just to see what happens.

15. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    WOw you really got it here - maybe starting that hello threade would be helpful.. but maybe it’s too late. Idk but it doesn’t seem like the forume reg shananigans

Anyways- I have found that channels such as yours really only shine in clean surf, preferably steep. Not so good in messy or choppy conditions. I personally like channels but you’ll really see it in good surf... but then again I never had them on a shape like yours so idk. Interesting with the boxes. If it’s too skatey maybe try a longer fin. It should stiffen up a lot with speed tho and channels

sisurfdogg likes this.
  16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Here's my boring BS theory... for the sake of debate:

Channels do build speed and do add some stability in terms of directional stability... like a trailer fin. By directional stability, I mean resistance to a board bleeding off speed through turns ("sliding out"... although you may not detect that you're sliding out. It's just water flowing off the rail rather than out the tail.) Channels don't add too much rail-to-rail stability. Those wings add that sense of looseness to the board... that loose rail-to-rail feeling.

Moving the fins back will add drive and reduce responsiveness... provide a tighter feel. But depending upon how much tail rocker a board has, and how far back you can actually move the fin... it may or may not help keep you from sliding out. I'm guessing that board is pretty flat in the tail, so it will probably help keep you from sliding out. But something like a noserider, moving the fin all the way back can actually put less fin in the water.

Channels allow you to reduce fin size, and in doing that you can reduce drag and have a higher top end speed. That board's parallel rail template also helps give a board a higher top end... along with flatter rocker and a hard edge in the tail.

17. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Yup...

18. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Go long and stiff if she's loose

19. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    bubs I'm sorry man I just thought it was a funny response.

Man, I honestly hate that they added likes. It's like, I feel guilty if I see something and don't like it, feel weird if I like it too late, don't want anyone to feel marginalized.

#likeguilt

20. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    You attacked i responded. If you dont like the heat get out of the kitchen.

You clearly have nothing better to do than stalk people online. I havent posted anything about alcohol in months to a year. Yet somehow you remember? I honestly only remember little bits and pieces of conversation and banter on here.

You know absolutely nothing about me so just stop.