Ben Gravy...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Dune, Nov 24, 2018.

1. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Not a hater, dude. I actually like some of his stuff. It is called a joke. Wipe your nose.

antoine likes this.
  2. Sir Ballyhoo

Sir Ballyhoo New Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Looks like somebody needs to have a little sit down and a real man talk...

desandan and antoine like this.

3. Venturatim

Venturatim Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I wasn't talking about you.

4. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    You quoted me but all good. Really a non-issue. How's Ben?

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  5. Venturatim

Venturatim Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Ben is killing it. Surfing with JOB, Mason Ho... all the boys. Check his VLOG.

6. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    Good stuff - I'm a fan of his anti-substance movement and how he replaced addiction with surfing. That kind of person I can support even though I am a believer of doing it for the glory not the story.

antoine likes this.
  7. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    I don't get it. Dude just selfies himself nonstop. Who has time to watch it or even cares?

8. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    antoine likes this.
  9. desandan

Feb 12, 2013
    Its definitely concerning, all the worry about AI taking over when it seems it already has possessed society.

antoine likes this.
  10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Once I realized how many people get emotional over virtual inanimate objects... like "likes" and emojis... I feel like they're losing their grip on reality, and the things that really matter. I read insta is going to discontinue likes. So here we are, with people getting so damaged by the number of likes they don't get, that social media has to step in and tell people what they should and shouldn't get upset about. Is it me... or do other people see the absurdity in that, too?

11. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I like Ben Gravy vids. Dudes talking story real time.

That being said the "like" is crazy. Yet I feel the need to "like" posts all the time.
    I wish we didn't have it here. I would rather just quote a post and comment.
    You dudes gotta know if you post a good surf story I liked it even if I didn't "like" it

Want to know something crazy? The who's been surfing thread is about to hit a million views. Might happen today. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme but I gotta say, I've been watching the post count like hawk. I'm old enough to remember you could flip arcade games.

antoine likes this.
  12. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum.
    I like watching the BEEFS vids, because those guys rip and it's all surfing and very little talk.

Nothing against Gravy, he seems like a great guy and a very good surfer to boot. I don't watch surfing videos to listen to guys talk, especially when at least half of a 5-10 minute vid is consumed by somebody talking. It doesn't matter who's talking. It doesn't matter if I personally like them or don't. I listen to people talking if I need to learn how to change the lock actuators in my wife's Cadillac, or how to repair my broken FCS2 fin boxes. And that's about it.

It has nothing to do with "hate". It has everything to do with preference.

ChavezyChavez and antoine like this.