who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Shoulder high too! :D

desandan and Mitchell like this.
  2. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Solid neck hi...

Carson likes this.

3. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    And he's 6'4" to boot!

4. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    I'll be back down in early April, hope the run continues. Looks like you been scoring with more to come

5. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    OC in the morning.

87305127_10212750390793427_5485796886335979520_o.jpg

AC in the afternoon.

87594947_10212750579358141_9114902264132141056_o.jpg

6. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Nice I had a feeling AC would be good! I had plans to snowboard with some people today.
    Hit 40+ jumps and only wrecked twice. Tomorrow I will be surfing. Forecast looks good. Stoked!

antoine likes this.
  7. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Thanks man! The Rockies are sick! Enjoy your trip. Wildcat on the east coast has its good days.

Zeroevol likes this.
  8. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    MVI_0163_Moment_Moment.jpg MVI_0173_Trim_Moment_Moment_Moment.jpg A couple of shots from last Wednesday. I bought a new Camera and been playing around with it. All you photogs out there( Mitchell, CJ. Curl), have me motivated. Its been pretty good up by me, been surfing at least twice a week, which for me is a lot.
    Mr Bigglesworth came down for a sesh about a month ago which was fun, and he popped by with Bassmon about a week after when I had my kid. I couldn't partake in the fun but was glad they scored, they are both solid guys.
    Still haven't been on Mo Stoke, haven't been on here in forever. couldn't even remember my password.
    Hope everyone has been getting theirs. I'm making a point of surfing as much as possible this year. I am definitely past my prime but have learned not to be so hard on myself. One of my favorite recent sessions was pulling into 2 foot beachbreak. Been getting my share of bigger, solid waves but that day was of so little consequence, I had a blast not sweating on my performance, and even doggy doored a few little peelers.

9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    4' @ 13sec out of the East... that means a lot of closeouts. But every once in a while one stayed open... you just had to either chase 'em down, or get lucky. Everyone managed to get a few good ones. Best wave for me was a nice frontside barrel early in my session. But the sun was out and the crowed was thin. Good stuff.

10. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I went out south of the city. Haven't gone out for a month plus so was hoping for some smaller LB waves and warmer air but it was bigger, windier and colder than forecast. People who are in surfing shape were getting some good rides. I mostly did not but it was still good to get in the water.

I did pull off the California (long) weekend by hitting the slopes Friday and the waves today. Ski season is going to end early and ugly this year I think. More time for surfing I guess but it's a bummer.

Carson, antoine and desandan like this.
  11. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Ocean City Maryland yesterday was firing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manik, Mr.Belmar, ukelelesurf and 7 others like this.
  12. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013

13. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
  14. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  15. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Same swell , surfed Tres yesterday , sideshore and fairly empty . Picked off a couple corners of the big sets . Great shots by CJ and Mitchel by the way .

desandan and Mitchell like this.
  16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Curl... saw that view from the road (?) in the top shot and my heart jumped. Brings back memories.

17. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    called out sick yesterday, find out it was just pollen, allergies acting up. finally a push of swell coming in. took the LB several hours after the lo in the evening. twas able to get some thi to waist hi's. Salt water doesn't help the congestion allergies bring, but it's always refreshing to get some waves in warm weather at least. A buddy did point out a guy on a 6' board with foil set up. He liked it, i wasn't a fan especially given it was a pretty crowded spot by the pier. Anywho, looking forward to ride on the wknd

desandan likes this.
  18. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  19. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Plenty of surf here 3 to 4 ft and music off the pier. Maybe a few guys every day

Carson and desandan like this.
  20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Should be fun when the wind goes offshore today here in Jerz.

desandan likes this.