who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I knew we had waves yesterday but did not want to look because I had too much to do and did not want to get distracted. I finally broke down around 4 30 and took a peek. Parking lot was packed, at least 12 people or so on one peak, just one. Waves looked fun but I was a little disgusted. It was as busy as any warm spring weekend, lots of spots at the beach down the road, empty.
    I just went to the same spot that was busy last night,there was a little residual swell leftover from yesterday. It's long period, so if you take a quick look and leave, it wasn't telling the whole story. I squeezed in a quick hour, with patience got a handful of solid chest high peelers, and called it. I was the only one out, had a blast

antoine likes this.
  2. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    The water shots are T Torcia a local in Monmouth. He shoots my kid , and shares photos which are 1 st class .

Manik likes this.

3. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  4. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Water view shot of OG curl , last trip in PR

NotAMasshole, Manik and antoine like this.
  5. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Got one day like that when we were down there in February. The crowd was so bad that day that it really ruined it for me. Kept wishing I had a water camera out there with me. I've reached a point where if its crowded I'd much rather be shooting pictures. Need to start a goFundMe to get a proper water housing. :confused:

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    It was so good yesterday... especially in the morning, but even through high tide and into the afternoon.

7. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    anybody surfing in space coast area? trying to get the deets on what's restricted down there. Lotta swell coming in over the wknd, and for some reason Folly Beach is missing out. Couple buddies are discussing if we can get down there

8. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm here in cocoa beach. The parking is closed bit the beaches are open. Park in a shopping center and its a short walk.

9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Plenty of waves... uncooperative winds. Bummer.

10. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Same. long lines but wind was on it

11. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Going off. No one out.

Attached Files:

Notaseal likes this.
  12. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm going out at 230 today. If you don't hear from me tonight you'll hear from me after I post bail

ukelelesurf likes this.
  13. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I made it back ..no issues at all

Attached Files:

Zeroevol and Notaseal like this.
  14. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Those are the royal Caribbean and carnival ships waiting to port at Canaveral. That's also the cocoa beach pier. Water temp 78 air temp 80

Notaseal and Carson like this.
  15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Resized_Resized_20200403_173958(1).jpg Heres one from today. Brevard county.

Zeroevol, Notaseal and UnfurleD like this.
  16. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Got in a pretty fun session this afternoon.

antoine likes this.
  17. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I've been on a roll lately. 8 straight days with surf maybe not great surf but surf nonetheless. Today we have a front moving through coming in out of the northwest with almost zero swelling water so it's pretty flat today. On a good note I haven't better than most as I'm able to get out on the beach without any hassles or implications

Notaseal likes this.
  18. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Resized_Resized_20200403_173958(1).jpg Resized_Resized_20200403_173958(1).jpg Resized_Resized_20200402_164518.jpg Resized_Resized_20200402_175827.jpg

Attached Files:

Notaseal likes this.
  19. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    I'm jonesing hard man. It's been raining like crazy though, so I wouldn't be surfing anyway, but I need it bad. So bad.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  20. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Carson. I have some friends out your way and they say the beaches are locked down. And with the rain.... Don't buy a gun please

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.