who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    No gun. Got a puppy instead. :D

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Today was fun and content://media/external/file/97046 what I needed

Carson likes this.

3. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Went out yesterday evening after that Southern storm passed. Was like hurricane conditions, semi chop with a lil disorganized sets coming thru. Altogether bout stomach to shoulder at the washout. Maybe bout 10 surfers out there from what the eye could see. Took out the Alchemist aka Pepe n had a few nice rides but I went barrel hunting n got punished. Almost made it haha. We're aiming for a lunch sess if it stays waist hi going into hi tide

antoine, Carson and Notaseal like this.
  4. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  5. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    A solid 10 ft wind swell at 11.5 sec with the ugly nw cross chop locally

6. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  7. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
  8. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Damn... wish my local looked like that. All we got were shoulder high mushburgers, with a light onshore breeze. Got a few fun ones on the fish, though. Right about now that's the only thing that makes me feel half normal.

9. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    went for a lunch sess yesterday with a buddy at the Washout. Half clean, half textured session that brought in chest to head hi. Was surprised the leftovers were still churning out some good ones, didn't know if i brought the right board. Was bout 10 or so pplz on it, buddy and I had a block for ourselves. We were pretty stoked tho the conditions were still good, and the 3/2 didn't feel bad at all. had our hour fill of some decent ones, and from the looks of it we could have some more by the end of the week. also to note, a postal key will get you into folly beach - that's it

antoine and Carson like this.
  10. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    Surfed during a rising tide in the afternoon today by Washout. Short period swell, but a waist hi presented itself here n there n gave ya a 50 yard ride. Had a handful before I swam back in. Rocked the 4/3 as temps cooled off here

antoine and Carson like this.
  11. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    went out south of the city today, observed social distancing while paddling out. It was funny because the main parking lots were closed so people all clumped up in a different part of the beach. I parked at a friends house a ways aways from the crowds. Probably could have skipped my hood but erred on the side of warmth. It was ok.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  12. Adiespra

Adiespra Active Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Nice thread! Got a lot of ideas to do when I'm back to business.

13. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    So, I replied to your post in another message. They haven't been giving you guys a bunch of shit up in Folly? I thought they were kicking people out of there. I have only been on Kiawah a few times in the last couple of weeks and there is obviously no problem there.

14. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    We've been having a pretty lucky run of swell here in Brevard County Florida and Brevard County I believe I've been good to the Surfers. Why we can't park there the beach will you certainly are able to serve walk sit and pretty much do what we want. It seems like everybody's keeping their social distancing hand no problems that I've seen. Hoping to get out today for some thigh maybe waist-high if I'm lucky longboard waves but the weather is so nice I can't see not jumping in the ocean.

Notaseal likes this.
  15. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    Sorry i missed it last time. Nobody I've seen being kicked off the beach. Now I'm hearing starting today, island residents can "exercise" on beach so def cool if u can get in on an island around here. Surfed 4/20 evening w several folks at the washout. Took the date, rocked trunks n a rashie. Bit nipply, but I'm a big puss w cold so very do-able. Took the new shorty Pepe and got riding a good bit. Stomach hi for most of the evening, hoping it would get bigger. But on that particular day, I was in a shockingly good mood. Content

16. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Had a fun session with my son this evening. Waves started out junky but steadily improved right up until dark.

Carson and antoine like this.
  17. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    4-21-2020h.jpg 4-21-2020m.jpg
    Same Delmarva. the storms pushed out late afternoon and it cleaned right up and started firing till dark.

18. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Good info. Thanks. Our lovely mayor and town council usurped McMasters yesterday at 3:00 and continued the closure of all beach parking and public parks on the island. I do have access to beaches within plantations down here because I have family in one and work in another, but it still bothers me. I wrote an email to the mayor last night and cc'ed the town council. First time I have ever done such a thing. I voiced my displeasure with their lack of respect or concern for local citizens and that 95% of beach access on this island is private and being enjoyed by visitors and tourists who are staying within the private gates. I can still take a long walk down to the beach, but I don't feel like lugging a long board that far, not to mention the surf looks shitty anyway. Oh well. I actually got a reply about 30 minutes later and a "thank you for your feedback and your thoughtful email". Totally politic'd me.

Glad to hear you guys are faring better up in the Holy City...

World B Free and UnfurleD like this.
  19. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Sleazeside , NJ . A084A73B-F7CD-476B-892B-F04D7A026DA1.jpeg

20. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    SoCal beaches (at least those within range for me) open at sunrise Monday morning. Figures I have a 7:30 meeting that day. Gonna get wet on Tuesday!

antoine likes this.