Let's be Sensitive, Guys

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by UnfurleD, Jun 21, 2020.

1. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Drop the shaka you non-Hawaiian kooks

antoine likes this.
  2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Hahahaha! Awesome...

antoine likes this.

3. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Absolutely! Also when the waves are only knee high don't go back paddling I'm dropping in front of people and claiming a freaking wave! As a matter of fact stay out of the ocean and stay away from me! Crap this weekend was the Pinnacle of the BS at my local break. For God's sakes keep your kids out of the water and tell them to stop screaming. And last but not least don't put your stuff by my stuff on the beach we have 900 miles of coast but you can choose from it doesn't have to be right next to me. And if you have to smoke your cigarette go to the parking lot keep that crap off the beach. Okay I think I feel better now

Zeroevol likes this.
  4. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I gots yur aloha right here on the tip o me deck.
    sensitive enough...?

antoine likes this.
  5. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I think I read somewhere Nathan fletcher said he would never throw a “sha-kaaa” because if he did he would probably burst into a ball of flames or something.

“Shoooots” haha

6. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008

7. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Reminds me of when I park my jeep in the parking lott and there's a thousand spaces open and it never fails ,they have to park right next to me.Drives me crazy.As far as the cigs go tell them to hang on to their rubber gloves until they find a garbage can.Tired of seeing those things laying around. I also feel better now.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  8. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    antoine likes this.
  9. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    OK my turn. On Saturday I'm coming up the road to a spot I surf year-round. 95% of the time it's me and maybe another 2 or 3 surfer cars. Parking is on the street, metered parallel parking type spots.

So I'm doing the same thing I have done forever, pulling into a parking spot, and this dude who my wife instantly nicknames "Daddy Daycare" is already parked with like 7 kids and their crap strewn all over including in the spot behind his. He's got kids wandering off into all the spots around them, into peoples yards, into traffic :eek: while he's busy feeding quarters into the meter.

I see the stupidity that's happening before me, and not wanting to maim some kid with my 6,000 pound van, I gingerly pull off the road and drive up the parking spots. Just then Daddy Daycare starts pointing, waving, and motioning at me to stop because one of his dip**** kids starts running toward my van as i'm literally going 1 mph trying to get into a spot 3 down from his. The kid was like 20 feet from me.

I ended up having to stop, wait for like 10 minutes, and finally move into a spot after they finished up and went to the beach. You know how long 10 minutes can feel when you're jonesing to surf and racing the wind that could switch at any moment?

antoine likes this.
  10. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Man oh man. Just reading the stories from you guys and the ish you have to put up with just fills me with gratitude. I was under the impression that California was just overcrowded with surfers, and I'm sure some of the more popular breaks are. But for me, even on the weekends, I can pull up to my regular spots and paddle straight out. Yeah, sometimes around 7:30 to 8:00, somebody will pull up in a Sprinter van full of newbie surfers, but for the most part they seems to innately have some sense of where they should paddle out and where they shouldn't.

Thanks for sharing the horror stories. I hope that getting it out into the forum gives you a little relief from the pain and anxiety that was caused.

antoine and headhigh like this.
  11. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    The differences between being a east coast and west coast surfer could be it's own thread.

There are many things I prefer about NC over CA, but you guys will always have the frequency and quality of surf.

antoine and LBCrew like this.
  12. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    I've been both (MD/DE and North County SD) and I have to say I prefer SoCal. It could also be because I'm 3 miles from the beach as opposed to 100+.

Zeroevol, headhigh and antoine like this.
  13. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    you moved across the country to live 3 miles from the beach. Priorities bro!! Get closer

headhigh and UnfurleD like this.
  14. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    This is the best I could do at the time!
    upload_2020-6-23_13-16-5.png

And you get the bonus thumbnail of my wife. :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    headhigh, SCOB3YVILLE and antoine like this.
  15. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    What? No back paddling on knee high days? Wheres the fun in that???

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  16. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Did I mention that I set up my chair and cooler of beverages farrrrr away from these people and yet like they have 1 mission in life... That mission? Oh so glad you asked. The mission is to set up the largest tent they could buy and put it directly between me an the ocean while the other 5 families they invited to the beach join them with their uncontrollable kids who which I might add I would like to drown.

headhigh, LBCrew and Zeroevol like this.
  17. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Yup the "pack mentality" exists in and out of the water.

18. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    This shit happened every year when we went to the OBX. Mostly families from Jersey and New York that were renting the $20k per week mansions that were ocean front. They would setup there shit like they owned the beach, taking up WAY more space than they needed.

antoine likes this.
  19. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    RiP -Derek Ho- \m/