medical advise

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by cepriano, Jul 12, 2019.

1. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PM SI user 3rd Person. He will fix you up.

Barry Cuda likes this.
  2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Already did so, and I was "fixed up". Is that like being neutered??

nopantsLance likes this.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Not completely, just one nut.

nopantsLance likes this.
  4. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    1 ball 1 kidney...what's next Barry?

nopantsLance likes this.
  5. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    How did it feel to get that catheter out? Bwa ha ha ha ha

nopantsLance likes this.
  6. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Got a new mattress last wknd but center of my back is still hurting. Thinking bout order an office chair at the house since I'm likely working remote till end of year. Anybody got recs for quick backpain relief? Shaq's stuff work? Got some more surf sessions this week, trying to get a remedy today

7. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Apparently nanocraft CBD is a cure all.
    All the way from erectile dysfunction to backeotomy.

if that doesn’t work, stretch the crap out of your back. I like to smoke a f at bowl, then lay on my back on the bosu ball and just roll back and forth for hours.

8. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I dislocated my knee in last nights last wave and 9 hours later it popped back into place. Hurts like a mfer right now but I can walk again

9. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I call upon the great medical minds at SI!

Anyone ever suffer from 'Surfer's Neck'? Neck/upper back injury caused by the prone arched position we find ourselves in when paddling. I've had a frequent sore neck after surfing this winter, and then it went next level after I went on a 30 minute paddling mission in very grande conditions. After the session (which sucked btw), things really locked up - neck and extending down into my right shoulder have been farked up. Very sore, and what feels like an impinged nerve as the pain extends down my right arm. Finally went to the doc, and got the meds flowing, and scheduled for PT starting tomorrow.

Just wondering if any fellow aging surfers have suffered this ailment, and what course of action you took (stretches, acid, whatever).

I await your collective wisdom.

10. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Amputate your neck

La_Piedra and antoine like this.
  11. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    It's covid! Or arthritis which is still covid

12. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I get it all the time. Sometimes I stretch, sometimes I take inflammatories, most of the time I just take a bong rip or chomp an edible.

You may be interested in the CBC cannabinoid ointments, A lot of people absolutely swear by the stuff.

I avoid doctors like the Covid plague, but I strongly recommend a chiropractor. Those guys don't seem to get a lot of respect, but they really do work well. I entered skeptical; I left amazed.

sigmund likes this.
  13. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    This... Chiro all the way. Cbd ointment and bong rips or a nice bowl

14. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    It sounds like neck aids, or a pinched nerve (vertabrae is out of line).. standing up lean forward try to touch the ground till your head is weightless, put slight downward pressure on the back of your head. basicly spinal decompression. also put a towel on either side of your neck and tilt your head in the opposite direction your pulling the towel. if you hear a pop, your vertabrae is realigned... ibufrofen, some bud and a 12 pack. rest. rinse repeat.

sigmund likes this.
  15. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    At my age and degree of wear-and-tear, I do exercises specifically to help with neck aids. Like all back/spine/neck pain, one of the main causes is lack of muscle strength and quick fatigue of the muscles that keep the spine in good alignment. Look for upper back, trap, and shoulder exercises to help reduce the occurrence of said aids.

All my workouts are with dumbbells. I do bent over flies, seated presses, inclined bench presses, shrugs (forward and reverse), bent over rows, blah blah blah. You get the point.

sigmund likes this.
  16. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Exercise??? That is tiring. Too repetitive. So not millennial. I don't do them, and yet, chicks dig me.....

17. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I exercise just so I can keep surfing... means to an end.

I also have.... "heart disease". But if I kick the bucket surfing... not a bad way to go. If I go mid workout... sweating and huffing and puffing... and hating life... well... that would be about the worst way to go.

18. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Me too. My gym rat days trying to put on muscle and looking good for the chica's are over, it's all about maintenance and function now, and for me, the simpler the workout the better.

I watched a Joe Rogan podcast with Laird Hamilton and they got into breathing techniques, especially from a guy called Wim Hoff, I recommend everyone check it out, something as simple as breathing can make a big change.

And yes Sigmund, my neck hurts sometimes too, and I'm convinced it's from the added tension from the 5/4. A solid 2 hour session in the winter and I feel it in my neck way way more than a summer session in a rashguard. I should probably stretch more but ibuprofen, and a littler herb, usually helps

antoine likes this.
  19. simod5

simod5 Super Moderator

Jan 26, 2014
    like this:

Manik, headhigh and Barry Cuda like this.
  20. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    As the saying goes, "use it or lose it".

Manik likes this.