wetsuites

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Lefty, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Lefty

Lefty Well-Known Member

May 8, 2020
    can anyone explain what is going on with companies and their 6mm suites?

i know there's a supply chain thing going on, but if anyone has any info on the shortages and/or when suites might become available againe that would be helpful. my 6mm has seen three winters now and dragging my hand in the face is 100% sure to get a solid flush from loose cuffs.

2. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    All I know is that in the building trades, the supply chain issues are real. Material
    And finished product is all backed up. I see freight tankers stacked up I'm the water waiting to get to port.

Makes sense that wetsuits would also suffer.

3. simod5

simod5 Super Moderator

Jan 26, 2014
    if this helpful, from Feral's mailers:

[​IMG]

9/24- The first batch of 2021/22 suits are on the way but shipping has gone from a challenge to a nightmare. The ports are now backed up at record breaking levels due to the pandemic (as seen in photo above).

10/20 - The first batch of 2021/22 suits are now sitting in a container on land, but they're stuck there due to complications in the global supply chain. Normally, we receive our shipments within 3-5 days of the ship landing in port. That number is now 40 days and counting.

situation probably applies to most brands

sigmund and World B Free like this.
  4. Lefty

Lefty Well-Known Member

May 8, 2020
    hooo, dang. thanks for the info guys, very helpful. bummer.

5. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    George H.W. Bush created the neoprene-demic at a wavepool in Wuhawn, Texas to distract from Canadians taking control of the global maple-syrup-based wax market. It's a conspirasea.

6. Lefty

Lefty Well-Known Member

May 8, 2020
    lmao. q has just entered the chat...

antoine likes this.
  7. piddling

piddling New Member

Oct 26, 2021
  8. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    I'm R-anon, q is my employee.

I control the flow of neoprene, velcro, and zippers on a global scale. Right now I have jumbo jets shooting chemtrails into the sky to make the winter even colder and to drive wetsuite sales.

Later this year I am releasing a line of aluminum foil lined wetsuite hoods for tru patriots that aren't asleep to the truth about surfing. Not woke though. Awake but not woke. Because that make sense.

Resistance is futile.

Lefty, UnfurleD, Carson and 1 other person like this.
  9. Lefty

Lefty Well-Known Member

May 8, 2020
    lmfao

headhigh likes this.
  10. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    My new wetsuit supplier, needessentials -> https://www.needessentialsusa.com/

Legit great wetsuits, no flair, no advertising, responsible, my kind of company. And you can score a new 6/4 for $275.

antoine likes this.
  11. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Water temp is 62 F.. Air is 38 to 45 F.. Wind 5 knots... chill Low 30s to 20...What would yall wear.. Still Rockin the 3.2 with a hood but I only last about an hour.

12. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I'd wear my best traveling clothes to the airport for a warm destination

nalu222 and headhigh like this.
  13. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    4/3 with a hood , 3 mil boots and gloves will give ya 2 hr heat session . Antoine ever surf up here in the winter ?

14. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i wear 3/2 from 65-75 degrees i wanna say. But if air temp real cold, under 60, then i rock the 4/3

15. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    I would be in my full winter gear (remember i'm in southern NC):

hooded 4/3
    3mil boots
    1.5 mil gloves

16. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm old, don't have a 4/3. 5 mil. Hood up light boots no gloves.

The air Temps and wind today warrant thick rubber. If it was milder around here 3/2 hooded vest. Boots and gloves.

Water is still crazy warm for Thanksgiving.

17. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Also today warrants a home base suit up.
    I can handle a suit down outside.

I will also be thankful heated seats

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Wind chill in the 20s? I'd be in a hooded 4/3, thin boots and gloves.

19. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I swear to goodness I don't know how you guys do it! I just can't imagine that cold water and having to wear that much rubber. Maybe I'm the biggest sissy on the planet but I'm fortunate to live in Florida and have a place South of the border so unless it's a spring suit I'm probably honestly not going to put it on. But I do enjoy looking at those pictures all those waves you guys get up north they sure are sweet

headhigh and UnfurleD like this.
  20. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    You know what's weird? It doesn't bother me as I don more and more gear as the temps drop. the 1st go out in shorts weirds me out. It when the water hits the back of the knees and then the boys unimpeded.

antoine, headhigh and UnfurleD like this.