How do you plan surf trips?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Max J, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Max J

Max J New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    How do you plan surf trips abroad, where you aren't able to bring your own board and don't have transportation? What are the best ways to find people in different countries to surf with? Looking for some good resources to plan my next trip!

2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Contact White Van Travels

Koki Barrels and antoine like this.

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I usually just find the local forum, search for paid surf buddy threads, and go from there.

evag72 and antoine like this.
  4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Throw darts at a map, moron.

antoine likes this.
  5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    +1.... moron

6. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    first I mentally masturbate to the stormrider guide look for consistency and novelty
    then

I try and find where is it cheap or where do I know someone I can crash for cheap
    friends in coastal Spain, check
    family in coastal France? check
    friends in hawaii? check
    cheap in Latin America? check

then I look for cheap airfare

7. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Quit surfing. Sharks like the taste of liars.

8. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    ^^^

9. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    wow, that was such a clever way to extract info for the kook buddy biz you started a thread about just yesterday.

Get a clue, Einstein.

10. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    amount and quality of babes is at the top of my list of considerations

11. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    So. Cal Brah ...So Cal!!!!

12. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Public library computers

13. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    What dis ting you call plan?

14. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    bahahahahhahahahahaaa!!!! Z, that was good stuff :D

Koki Barrels likes this.
  15. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Did you post your 'hello' tread yet, Maxiepad?

16. KylieJones

KylieJones Member

Mar 10, 2021
    Most often, my husband and I surf in Bali.

17. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Thanks for posting but if you would like to join the forume please DM me your: email, password, full name, date of birth, social security number, 2 complete credit card numbers with expiration dates and security codes, full body photos of you and any other of-age female relatives, a description of the best leashe knot, describe your surfboart, buy a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, eat three, put three in your mailbox with a self addressed and stamped envelope addressed to OutdoorHub's coorporate headquarters, and finally take the 6 remaining donuts and put them in the middle of the street to be smashed by passing cars.

Please post questions here.

Thanks,

HeadHigh, Head Moderator and CEO of SwellInfo Companies, Inc, (NASDAQ: $SI)

antoine likes this.
  18. evag72

evag72 Member

Jun 15, 2022
    School of the World in Jaco, Costa Rica is a really good surf camp/hostel experience. The town is kind of dingy but you don't need to worry about it being too touristy. I stayed at School of the World for a week in 2016 and really enjoyed it. It has a really nice community area and kitchen and all of the classes (it has spanish, photography, and surfing classes to choose from) were very well put together. Everyone from the staff to the guests were very friendly and I made some longtime friends there.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  19. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Its been a long while since i've been in Jaco, but last time I was there it seemed like it was aspiring to be a mini Atlantic City.....hookers, drug pushers, crappy chain restaurants, and shitty waves. Has it improved?

20. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Belmar, NJ - Best Surf on the east coast, possibly best in the USA. Think 'chopes crossed with Kelly's WSL Brand (tm) wave pool (ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)

Myrtle Beach, SC - The best Eco-surfing paradise on the US mainland. Waves are consistent head high with tons of different breaks to choose from; cobblestone points to sledging beachbreaks to machine-like reef slabs. When your not surfing, easily find a clean, empty stretch of beach and enjoy the sound of tropical birds and monkeys in the jungle.