ever here of Christian Surfers?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by get wet, Feb 8, 2010.

1. johnnyd

johnnyd Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Not a super christian eh? You're right. Super arrogant and ignorant. But it's cool, the Almighty has a sweeeeeeet sense of humor. Your kids are gonna be soooooooooo gay. You might as well get familiar with all the broadway plays, 'cause your kids are gonna love 'em!

That is, if your kids "choose" to be gay. I often ask myself if I made the right decision loving the vagina, but given your beliefs that are shared by so many, I'm glad I made that choice.

I LOVE MONSTER TRUCKS!!!! <---That's how straight I chose to be.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    your wrong here. In fact, if you can actually find Roman or any other written documentation within the 100 years of Jesus life and death your on your way to be the next Indiana Jones. Anything past 100 years is disregarded by historians. If you want to blow your mind on the myth of Christ, you must absolutely watch this right now:

Be prepared for Zeitgeist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw

3. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009

not offended, wally. in some ways, i enjoy these types of debates.

i know that while catholic=christian, the opposite is not true. if you want to have those beliefs, fine. just don't try to push them off on others. that goes for those of any faith, not just christians.

but in all seriousness- what about the dalai lama & ghandi? are they in hell? what about oral roberts? is he in heaven?

as for zach619, a couple things: our money didn't have "in god we trust" on it until the 1950's, the same time that "one nation under god" was added to the pledge of allegiance. most of the founding fathers would be called agnostics today, but referred to themselves as "deists" & subscribed to the "watch-maker theory". they were not, repeat NOT, devout christians or catholics.
    as for following the tenants of catholicism 100%, i guess you've never used condoms...

4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    So after my entire statement, this is what you want to point out? Calling me ignorant because I am apposed to gay marriage? Whatever man. That’s lame. I am pro FAMILY, not pro god and definitely not anto-gay at all.
    First of all, I love all the members in my family whether they are gay or not. I want them all to be happy. I don’t think that gay people “Choose” anything. I was referring to lifestyle choices that go AGAINST religion, not the act of being GAY! You just took that comment out of context and ran with it. It sounds like you are the one with sexuality issues. I mean damn, you are trying to curse my unborn children and stuff? I mean, just move to MASS and marry a dude already =) Of course, I’m joking.

Im just saying, this isn’t a debate over gay rights. It’s a religious conversation. And again. People that know me in real likfe would probably never know im “Christian”. I don’t go to mass on Sundays. Sh**, in gods eyes, im a pretty bad person. I am just defending Christianity in general. The point of my statements were that the catholic church is a somewhat broken institution, that this day in age is VASTLY misunderstood and misused. We can all agree on that. But for you anti-christ people, I don’t really know for sure one way or the other if there is a god or not. No one really does. But you shouldn’t hate on people for having faith. It takes a much better man to have faith than not. That’s all im saying.

5. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Good info. Good to know. and to answer you, I'm not up here on a soap box. I am not a good christian by any means. This is a general conversation about our individual beliefs, not about how we each live our life. Its hypothetical conversation basically. I break pretty much every rule in the big book, so i guess that makes me a hypocrite. But I am also talking on a surfing forum about it. I don't discuss this in real life with people. Their business is their business. I live in SD, and in southern california, if you go to church or if you are catholic, you are a "freak" a "zelot" and crazy religuous freak, mean while everyone is hugging trees and trying to marry their penguin. Its as$ backwards.

6. EastShoreRider2

EastShoreRider2 Active Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I'm a Christian, and it is and will be the best decision I make in life. I personally believe that God created this world, and for me it's awesome to be able to enjoy what he created. It's such a blessing every time I go out for a surf, which is what we all love to do.

Christianity according to the Bible, is a simple choice to accept Jesus; with that choice comes a learning experience, standards of living, and a responsibility to let His love live through you.

7. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Im Catholic but only go to church once in awhile.I consider myself a very spirtiual guy thou.My wife and I have read the bible from begining to end and we try to read at least a chapter every night.For me I feel a huge spirtual connection when im surfing.To each their own I guess.Recently I was diagnosed with Kidney disease.At first I took it pretty rough then I prayed on it and put everything in Gods hands.Whats going to happen is going to happen.I just try to live my life to the fullest..When im surfing I try to enjoy every friggan moment im out there because you never know when its your last.

8. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    not for nuttin, but lets see how christian you all are if i start dropping in on you. :D
    This debate is fun, but this IS a surfing forum as I remember. christian or not we all share the same belief.

DaMook has spoken...and I have a day off from work tomorrow. Thank you storm!!

9. gravystorm

gravystorm Member

Jun 30, 2009
    get baked with satan!!!

10. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Wow, this thread really exploded. My final thoughts would be this:

Anything that makes an individual a better person is a great thing. Whether or not there is/isn't a god etc, when a person decides to try and be better to other humans, to other animals and to themselves, and try and learn from the teaching of the bible (Whether you believe he was a profit, or really god himself), it is amlost always a positive force in peoples lives. And if religion makes you treat your fellow man better, than religion is a complete success. If it makes you fly planes into buildings, thats a whole different ball game...

I have always questions the church and not been sure about things, but my grandfather passed away over thanksgiving. He was a 150% devoted christian. Church EVERY DAY. He was grooming the church's lawn and putting together functions for the church until the day he died at 85. He wa a member of the knights of Coumbus. And to see hundreds of people come to this church to honor him. It was like God himself was sitting next to me... Never have I had an experience when I was like, ohh my gosh, this is real. This really really is true. It was chilling. but in a good way. He was burried and given the same ceremony that only priests can recieve (viewing in the church etc)... So, to be a witness to that made me believe more now than I probably ever have... Even on the plane ride home from DC something was different. this strange untouchable feeling. faith i guess.

11. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    love thy neighbor.
    the Prince of Peace.
    the Light,the Truth and the Way.
    the Life.
    Lord God Jesus Christ.

12. ughVeeBee

ughVeeBee Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I'm with you on this...all of my pre/schooling except two years of highschool were catholic, my grandparents even hosted a priest in their home as a member of the family for decades before I was born all the way til his death at over 70 years old. I think that this experience gave me great insight and understanding but opposite of what it was intended...I feel I have a better understanding of the hypocrisy of organized religion as a result.

The only thing those 17 years of my life taught me, really, in regards to religion is that religion is just one more reason to hate other people that aren't exactly like you.

13. stoneybaloney

stoneybaloney Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    I feel pretty much the same way. I have plenty of faith, but I don't need religion. Religion to me is man's way of exploiting/capitalizing on other peoples faith. To each their own though - just respect my beliefs and I'll respect yours.

14. Shakagrom

Shakagrom Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    3 things not to talk about with total strangers:

-Politics
    -Religion
    -Money

... but its still fun to do it anyway;)

15. stoneybaloney

May 11, 2009
    Yeah totally. I'm here for the surf talk foremost, so I gotta bow out now. Glad everybody was able to keep it civil though. :D

16. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    I have a quick question, if you don't believe in God then what do you have faith in? Yourself, other people, government? Just wondering.

And to answer a question posted above about Ghandi and the Dali Llama, yes, according to the Bible, if they do not accept Christ as their savior they can't enter into God's presence. They can be the best men to ever walk the earth but that doesn't excuse or remove their sin. If you continue down that path of logic you could venture to say that Christ's sacrifice on the cross for our sins wasn't enough and we have to add to what He did by being "good" and doing good things in order to enter Heaven. The opposite is true we will be "good" and do good things in response to what He did for us never to add to it. We will produce fruit in our lives.

17. stoneybaloney

May 11, 2009
    Never said I don't believe in God, I said I don't believe in Jesus. ;)

18. Shakagrom

Shakagrom Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    By the "Bible" you are referring to the New Testament! No where in the Old Testament is Christ even mentioned, and when I think of Bible, I think of Old Testament.

19. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Snowed in and all we have to talk about is relgion Holy Shnikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

20. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009

i believe in myself, and a select few other people. everyone lies. & there is certainly no way in hell that i would put faith in a government. esp. one as corrupt & screwed up as ours.

see, to me that sounds like the dumbest thing ever uttered on the planet. why would a loving, kind, just god who wants us all to be w/ him put such a caveat on the deal? "why yes, i love you & want you to spend all eternity basking in my presence. but only if you accept my son as your savior." it just seems like a "GOTCHA!" move. i mean, who's "sin" are we talking about here? if humans of all backgrounds & religions can agree that the "big ones"- rape, murder, theft- are bad, what else is there? its nit-picking after that. christians believe that taking the lord's name in vain is a sin. the jews believe that mixing milk & shellfish is a sin (no new england clam chowder for them!), muslims believe that pictures of their prophet are a sin. in the grand scheme of things, unimportant.

as for continuing down that path of logic, all i can say is, "duh!"