Midget d*ck high april 9

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by mOtion732, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    getting skunked is part of surfing if you can't deal with that than quit. Jesus what a douche this guy is. Please describe yourself so I can be sure to burn you next time your out at my break

2. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    maybe you all should not skip work.

What you should do is save up all your paid time off or vacation and take a nice long vacation where there is consistant surf and hope to get luck on your weekends. Then you will not **** all over the place because of a miscalled swell event. you sound like a bunch of ****ing little girls.

3. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009

Yeah! you were in the black honda? I came up north today and it was waist to a little bigger on set, real fun, real clean!

Whoever is bad mouthing this site......
    It is just a heads up when there might be a trace of swell. Its on you to get your tud of lard ass up off the computer and check spots, not one, but many spots.

Good thing this site doesnt make you sign in under real names because then the whole world can see how much of a whiny dumbass you are

4. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    good call again:

forecasted:

Sunday rss feed [flat to knee] [clean / fairly clean] [flat to knee] [clean / fairly clean]
    Surf: Minimal (ankle high or less) surf.

actual:

Reporter: Lanticsurf | Break: squan | Time Posted: 12:34 am

Waist to chest stiff offshore

5. austinj215

austinj215 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hey Who/What is LanticSurf and did you mean Saturday or Sunday?

6. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    if it sucks then make yourself your primary source of info. This is how you do it: Buy some real estate near da beach and check it everyday like the rest of us shmoes. We still rely on da reports, because 4 or five blocks can be a hassle to get too :).... Nah bro, ive been there when i was a younger man, and that is what makes an epic day so special, even when you live close to da beach like me.

7. NJ SPONGIN

NJ SPONGIN Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    That one actually made me laugh.

8. jflo

jflo Member

Jun 12, 2006
    What losers.

Who actually *****es about something that is FREE!

You whiny *****es must really have miserable lives. Who in their right mind takes the time and effort to complain about a site and mods that bust their ass to try and help us out, and ask nothing in return?
    Again, you must just be miserable people, and I actually pity you. Next time, go look at it, or better yet, stay at work. We don't need people like you in the lineup anyway.

9. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    [​IMG]

10. NJ SPONGIN

NJ SPONGIN Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Well said Mr. T

11. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    "life is to short go surfing!"
    PRAY FOR SURF

shouldn't it be....too?

12. stoneybaloney

stoneybaloney Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Friday turned out workable and Saturday was beautiful. I'm sore and sun-burned, just like I'd hoped. :)

13. Chaps

Chaps Member

May 22, 2006
    A lot of donkeys on this site now I see, first of all the buoy wind data was down for many of the buoys south of here which would makes it extremely hard to predict a SSW swell considering only a few degrees will be the difference between firing or skunked

secondly, who calls out of work for chest to head high? why don't you wait for a real storm to come through that has some power. Maybe because you cant surf well, someone who took off for chest high should of been more than happy with what they got on friday.

Thirdly if you donkeys had any clue how sandbars affect wave heights you would of known that there a very few sandbars that are set up around the cost due to the ENE swell trend we were having this year. 3 days of sea-breezes is not going to change a winter full of north swell trend.

Maybe you guys should not ***** and complain about a site that is free, accurate and has a bunch of added perks, and worry about surfing better. In a few weeks the bermuda high will move in and you will be ecstatic with what you got to surf on friday.

14. stoneybaloney

May 11, 2009
    Can't believe all the haters on here. I was pissed at mother nature for being so fickle, but I wasn't aiming any of it at Micah. The forecast to me is a very rough idea of what will be happening, depending on the spot. When I heard guys saying it looked like crap Friday, based on "eyes on" reports, I was pissed. I still went anyway and it ended up being rideable. Take all the variables into consideration, use your brain, and check for yourself if possible. Don't hinge your surfing on internet forecasts.

15. stoneybaloney

May 11, 2009
    Exactly what I do, but we're lucky enough to live close. :D

16. grande gallo

grande gallo Member

Nov 14, 2009
    maybe if you don't like this site you could go hire a psychic, that should work better for you.

17. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    swellinfo is the best for me.
    i have found that some spring swells don't happen as forecast here,and some winter swells happen way bigger and longer- lasting than forecast,and many summer swells not forecast just pop up here,so after a couple of years i've learned how to adjust my thinking towards what Micah does,and i don't expect him to know my break,he only forecasts the swells.
    i wasn't surprised by the mini-swell;it's getting on that time of year.

18. fupafest

fupafest Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I had to comment again to give an example of how bad this site has been lately. Yesterday a mere 20 hours ago we "had" waist+ waves for Saturday, now nothing but dribble. I can't help but be let down AGAIN. Then your answer is to 'do research', then whats the point of the site if I have to review the weather and wind charts myself. Just keep in mind that you are providing a source for information and quite often it is WRONG. Also, keep in mind that this is another 'tool' but if u have a compass that points in the wrong direction, you get lost. Swellinfo was decent for a while but now your turning into an EPIC FAIL!!!! You might as well call for the triple overhead surf like you did last hurricane season, BAWAHAHAH!!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  19. rodndtube

rodndtube Well-Known Member

May 21, 2006
    Yesterday was Monday and the forecast was for Saturday, five days into the future... very dicey for East Coast (i.e., the probability for error is very high at least here on the USA East Coast). Especially during Spring.

Feeling your pain, dude, since I will be in Puerto Rico and ready to hit the water at dawn patrol on Saturday. My money forecasting machine for PR has been Buoyweather.com. Better than any of the other user-friendly forecasting tools around for NW PR (Surfline, Swell Info, Wave Watch, Magic Seaweed, etc.). The quandary: which board to take (I travel with only one board)? The challenge: for three days running the far-term forecast report in the morning was predicting (not guaranteeing) small, crappy surf (1-3') and the evening forecast was predicting 4-7' surf. WTF? Three days straight!

This morning the forecast lined up with last night's forecast... I hope that means SURF!

The moral of the story: blame mother nature. Not the models or predictions - these keep getting better over the years. If you want to ***** and moan about a solid website (forecasts, forums, images, etc.) that does not cost you a dime, them move over to the bloated subscription-based Surfline.com and ***** and moan to them. Or take a pill.

In the meantime, support Swell Info by purchasing one of the the T-shirts, hats, coffee cups as a way of tangibly demonstrating your support and not being a total, freeloading loser.

20. Cwhite

Cwhite Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Maybe you & the rest that are crying so much about someone else doing the work so YOU don't have to can take up knitting or something. Possibly even cry enough to make a wave pool. Learn what conditions work for the break you ride, or actually go look @ it.

The site is still FREE & Micah chimed in & said that he was doing updates. If you can't accept his response, it's FREE & you don't know enough about the break you ride & possibility of waves with wind, weather patterns, then do the rest of us a favor & stay out of the lineup.

Some of us have been riding well before cell phones, internet & forecast sites, so we learned how to judge weather conditions for chance of swell. I have for over 20 years & always will carry my portable NOAA weather radio with me. It has the buoy reports, swell, offshore/inshore wind, etc & updates constantly for mariners. The only thing it doesn't have is a live cam, but I get a good idea of upcoming/current swell & conditions that I can make a pretty accurate assesment to what break I want to ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.