Arslanian Surf Designs?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by superbust, May 7, 2010.

1. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Whats up,

I just picked up this retro looking 6'0 Arslanian Surf Designs thruster from a pawn shop and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the shaper, where theyre made, etc... I posted a few pictures, check out the channels and the tail. The board is 2 and 3/8 thick and has very little rocker. Looks like a fun one!

Gracias

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  2. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Foggy recollection here...I think were talking about the same guy.
    the guy's name is Pete Arslanian and used to glass and do other stuff with Jon Ashton. I think he moved a California a while ago and made a lot of boards out there under that label and is now back living in Maryland. With the glass-ons, channels, and wide tail, i'd say that board was made 15+ years ago.

Last edited: May 7, 2010

3. superbust

Nov 2, 2008
    yea I figured it was an old board, theres nothing but a few pressure dings on it though so its in great condition. thanks for the info

4. sccrmic09

sccrmic09 Active Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Your right man his name is Pete Arslanian. Hes back in maryland now and still shaping. He puts out some really killer boards.

5. shredmonkey

shredmonkey New Member

May 8, 2010
    I made that board about 5 years ago. It was one of the last ones I made before I bailed to Oz and Nz before ending up back here. I am building boards on a limited basis while I am getting an aerospace engineering degree at UMES.
    Shoot a message to peteamonkey@netzero.net if you want a fresh stem this summer.

6. superbust

Nov 2, 2008
    awesome man sounds great, glad to have a board made by some local knowledge

7. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    that is a hot stick.
    deep 6 channel bottom, glass-ons,swallowtail,AWOO!

8. Slakem

Slakem New Member

May 3, 2023
    CCA58F7D-77B4-4FF2-BEE4-2ACBE57B34B8.jpeg 554CC49D-6F6A-4288-8375-1909C8E78C8F.jpeg

Notaseal likes this.
  9. Slakem

Slakem New Member

May 3, 2023
    Actually have a newer one, pretty good board, lasting me about 2 years now but yea there is a Maryland flag on the bottom of it and i live in Ocean City. Thing also shreds really well

Notaseal likes this.