Wow!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by LOSTsoul, Sep 2, 2010.

1. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    The Monmouth county forecast is soooooooo off! :mad:

2. NJ SPONGIN

NJ SPONGIN Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Like usuaaaaallll

3. rtftfwd

rtftfwd Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2008
    ?? just back from 3 hr session in So Monmouth, was going off...looong rights, head high+ bombs on set...

4. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    deal - 6am - 7:45am

waist-chest, occ plus closeout

pretty weak.

monmouth county f**king sucks.

5. windswellsucks

windswellsucks Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2007
    ^^^agree. i hear someone ate it in the rocks at the L?

6. chillisurfer

chillisurfer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I can't really say much because I wasn't out, but the cams sure made it look really fun. Definitely Overhead Sets

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  7. Lumpy

Lumpy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2006
    The Northern Monmouth shadow strikes, yet again...

8. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Yes, plus the model is over calling on these hurricane swells. Just figured out how to alleviate this problem in the wave model physics,. but it may take a while to implement. Definitely go south though, there are waves...

It has been stressful, but I'm trying to work out the kinks on these hurricane swell situations!

9. Belmar_Bodyboarder

Belmar_Bodyboarder Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
  10. Icculus

Icculus Active Member

May 16, 2008
    Overhead sets with grinding rights at the sandbar up the street from me. **** you Lavallette Lifeguards. The beach is closed to swimmers, so why do I have to surf in a designated areas? This has been a question I've been asking for years and have never gotten a straight answer from them .

11. mOtion732

Sep 18, 2008
    northern monmouth county basically sucks all summer. going to have to wait a few months for stuff to start working around here. it's really frustrating

12. rDJ

rDJ Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2007

Lavallette was to shallow and closed out this morning when I checked it. Actually pretty much everywhere from BH to IBSP was closed out and shallow.

13. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Yeah. I noticed with these long period swells that Monmouth County can't handle it around low tide. It's constant closeouts. Sucks when you have to work and can't catch it closer to high tide.

14. Icculus

Icculus Active Member

May 16, 2008
    this swell is already ruined from the south winds. Our only hope for fun waves is Saturday morning. Hurricane swells=way overrated.

15. mOtion732

Sep 18, 2008
    a few actually opened up nicely for me. just the bigger ones unfortunately shut down. i still had a good time... just got really hyped for some big waves and of course monmouth county is retarded.

16. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    DE and MD were about 4 to 6 foot smaller than forecast. Let's hope for the weekend!

17. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Found some waves...ok except south wind started effing it up...higher tide too. deal had some spots working...crowded! doesn't anyone work anymore?......seriously...love/hate relationship with winter/summer surfing. I guess as they say, "the grass is always greener on the other side" :confused:

18. mOtion732

Sep 18, 2008
    dude, that is the truth!!

i surfed 5:45am-7:45 so i could get to work by 9:30..

guys are pulling up looking like they don't have a care in the world! i was getting the most cross-eyed looks putting on formal clothes at my car by dudes my age (25). i really don't understand how so many ppl can score every swell at every time of the day! don't people work!?!?!

the grass IS always greener! it's always better NOT in monmouth county!

19. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Yeah, that pisses me off too. I get up super early for DP to get a session in before work. Yet, these people who don't have jobs are free to surf at the best times that work for the swell. I'm guess I'm the sucker for having to work and paying for these people to not have a job.

20. tbeaver

tbeaver Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Must be nice to collect $400-$600/wk in unemployment while you're out catching swells. On behalf of every gainfully employed taxpayer, thanks! And people wonder why we're in the s*****r!