worthwhile sunday

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by dudeman, Feb 5, 2011.

1. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Fantasy van: E350 Sportsmobile:

http://www.sportsmobile.com/4_4x4sports.html
    :D

2. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I would love to have one of them with a 7.3l powerstroke diesel . I know a guy who has one he takes it all over on surf trips from Maine to FL

3. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Today was such n amazing day ... weather was perfect ... surfed for 3 hrs with my buddys on the logs ... thigh to stomach + on set perfect rights ... didn't even wear the hood the whole time ... all in all a great february day:cool:

4. wavejunkie

wavejunkie Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2008
    waist high in ocnj. it was a fun teaser day. about 10 people on every peak. most crowded 2ft winter day ive evr seen. Lots of PA licence plates. 7'10" was working great but a 9' or 10' would've been better. i'm jonseing for a real swell

5. lalit

lalit Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I can't read this thread anymore. I knew it was going to be good today but was stuck at home all day. . . .

6. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I was amazed how crowded it was also - small waves, sun, & temps over 40 degrees brought everyone out of hibernation.

7. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Nice day

Small, but clean in OCNJ

8. idsmashh

idsmashh Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    yeaaa... i feel you dude. i set my alarm for 8 yesterday just so i could check the cams. it looked alright, but i was tired, so i went back to bed....... And now after reading this thread i have decided that i am a waste of oxygen..... i need to fix that.

9. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    i checked it right after church around 12 and it actually didn't look like fun to me. yeah there were small waves rolling in and the weather was nice but i didn't see anyone make a line and when it came down to it I decided it wasn't worth getting wet. Maybe it was better elsewhere...

10. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    got relatively bigger in the late afternoon but still really small;the way yesterday has been talked up you'd think it was world class...didn't any of you surf the last two decent size swells?

11. wallysurfr

Oct 23, 2007
    yeah after the swell last week and the one the week before that yesterday just looked frustrating. Now that it gets dark later around 5:45 I can get a soliid sesh in after work. Still March 13th can't come soon enough.

12. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    For me, when a "good" day is forecasted, it is frequently less than expected. At least lately that's how I've felt. Yesterday was BETTER than expected! I think that's the difference. But yeah kinda funny, not really a serious swell or anything.

13. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010

I used to hate when DST when we moved 1 hr forward in the spring back in high school, because my sleeping pattern got screwed up. But now that I'm working a full time job, 8-5, i can surf a couple of hours after work during spring and summer to early fall. I relish it. Thanks farmers.

14. wallysurfr

Oct 23, 2007
    yeah I remember last year specifically on the longest day of the year it was light enough to surf until about 8:45 or 9 pm. That's ridiculous. I happily lose that one hour of sleep in return for more daylight after work.

15. wontonwonton

wontonwonton Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Consistent sets. Fast walls. Log worked really well. The warmness and light offshore made it so pleasant for FEB. It was fun. Fun can be 2 ft OR 10 ft or anything in between. No one said it was epic.

16. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    i got to surf on a day that i had written off as flat. That made it a good day.

17. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    You checked the surf at 8am .. then went back to sleep ... what did you do with yourself all day? Watch sex and the city re-runs? You are complaining about being tired but I bet you got out of bed by noon ... waves were fun all day. So unless you are nocturnal you shouldn't be complaining.

18. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    nor did i use the word epic,i said you would think it had been world class,and yet the last two actual swells had relative quiet,but then again,those two days were weekdays,so ok

19. idsmashh

Aug 2, 2010
    one of them.. and i got worked. thanx for reminding me............

20. idsmashh

Aug 2, 2010
    Hey... yoo.. heyyy.... thats not evenn..................... shut up :mad: