baby wipes?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Hot Karl, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Strange question ....

So last night me and a few friends were hanging out and one went to the bathroom and found baby wipes( I do not have a kid). I said so I can get that "fresh outta the shower clean" feeling after droppin a deuce. Half agreed with me half thought we were bonkers and had an argument with me for 10 mins ... regular TP sometimes doesn't do the trick.

So bottom line, what are your thought about anyone, not being a baby, using baby wipes/ moist toilet paper for their personal hygiene needs as opposed to using dry normal TP?

2. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    All as I can say as a dad with 3 kids is dont flush them or they will back up your pipes. U have the get the bio ones that break down if your gonna flush them

3. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I have to say moist toweletts make sense. Imagine this scenario: Your walking your dog in the park, and he decides to drop one, you take a baggy and reach down to pick it up, and poop touches the side of your finger. How many people would grab a dry paper towel and wipe it off and consider themselves clean? Any normal person would not be able to rest until they could get to a bathroom and scrub their hand with hot soapy water to clean any trace of it off. For some reason we are supposed to think our asses are clean after dragging a dry napkin over it? Makes no sense that's why I love the Japanese, they have bidet toilets just for this purpose. As you can see you touched ona sore subject with me :D.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    this is a funny thread. I was unaware that men used these "baby wipes" after dropping a duece. But one of my best friends growing up who still lives in baltimore swears by them. He is a straight thug life gangster guy too. Its hilarious. He acts all hard, and then when he comes to visit CA, he is like, Yo, we gotta go to rite aid and get some wipes yo. Cause I can't sh** without em... Coming from him, its hilarious...

So anyway, last time I was in MD at my wife's family's house, all of their bathrooms now have them, and I asked why, and her 22 year old step brother said that he cannot wipe his as$ without a baby wipe. He like cant even stop at a gas station... Its some strange new thing...

So, its a more common thing, that makes sense... But man, I can't get over wiping my as$ and having it feel all wet. Its just unnatural... I guess its an acquired feel....

5. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I like my ass to be so clean you can eat off it, I don't mean you exactly...... well you get the point. I ask you this, which is more unnatural, having a butt temporarily dampened by wonderfull disenfecting agents or walking around all day with a microthin layer of poop schmeared back there?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  6. cgrizzard

cgrizzard Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010

HAHAHA!:D:D Yeah, it makes total sense, but it takes some getting use to. This thread is awesome

7. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    I really can't argue with that. Well played sir.

8. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I could go on about this subject all day :D.

9. Darealm

Darealm Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Zippy I have to agree with you on the Japanese use of the bidet being more hygienic. But what boggles my mind is that they also have some bathroom practices that are less hygienic in my opinion than American customs. For instance, some of their toilets (the traditional Japanese toilet) are still simply pits on the floor. These still exist in a lot of public areas. I can't forget going to a bathroom at Yoyogi park in Tokyo and finding a steaming pile of **** next to one of these pit toilets, presumably left by an American schmuck who didn't know what he was doing lol...And then there is their shower routine. They have a shower "room" with a stool that you sit on and wash yourself while cold and soaking wet - the water is not kept running but just quickly used to get you wet. And then you soak in a warm tub of already bathed in (used) water that has been kept in there for a day or two, dead skin cells a muck.

But to get back to the original point, I don't feel there is anything wrong or strange about keeping wipes in the bathroom.

10. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Yeah those pit toilets would be odd to use for sure. I have done a bunch of hiking and fishing, far, far into the woods following small streams etc. When you are out there obviously there are no bathrooms so if you have to go, you find a tree and do your thing. Well when taking a (you know what) in the squating position it leaves you cleaner than any other position including western style toilets. There are reasons why dogs get into that squat and other than an old or sick dog there are rarely any remnants. I'm gonna mock up a proto type for an ass spreader to minimize the number of sanitary wipes needed in order to avoid the issue that Matt mentioned. Ha ha I like this thread.

11. fallingsky

fallingsky Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    butt wipes

I am in the wastewater business and butt wipes are awful!!! Might be nice on the butt, but those things are wreking havick on everthing else. They are clogging pipes, clogging pumps, clogging septic tanks, and wastewater treatment plants and are a full pain in the A@#. And the service calls to take are of these issues are not cheap!!! What ever happened to being environmental friendly and conserving????? These are a one use and toss and of couse more expensive than toilet paper. My rule of thumb on toilet paper is as long as my finger does not go through while wiping its good stuff!!

12. ughVeeBee

ughVeeBee Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    first, yes baby wipes are awesome! I run a lot on lunch at work and they are a fairly good substitute for a shower. And if you got any hotties at your job believe, me...they are better than axe or boss or any of those expensive colognes...the smell of baby subliminally gets women aroused.

second, anyone who thinks "ehhh, what the hell, it's only one little sheet" deserves their $500 plumber bill, as did I.

oh yeah, good for the ass, too.

13. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Well, this topic is a first. :D:eek:

14. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    hot karl posting on the benefits of baby wipes. wow. somebody's infatuated with sh1t. :eek:

15. ragdolling

ragdolling Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I've had at least one kid in diapers for the last 5 years so diaper wipes are always lying around. yes, I've used em. And I've often wondered if I was alone. This thread is the first time I realized that I'm not. Hilarious.

16. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    I have to second this and Matt Johnson. As a landlord, I tell each tenant not to flush these things or anything else besides what comes out and a reasonable amount of tp, that's it. Even if the box says flushable, they're not. I've talked to at least four plumbers about this and they all agree.

I have had to pay plumbers to come out at least three times for these things.

17. ginsumagic

ginsumagic Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Wow, you know the surfing is bad when we start talking about wiping our ass' on a surf chat!!! LOL

18. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i use baby wipes every times i crap!
    be careful tho!
    DO NOT FLUSH! ruins your systema nd also very very environmentally unfriendly.

good for hemorroids if you been drinking a lot.

19. surfrr

surfrr Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Interesting thread....Baby wipes may seem appealing and be warranted for that special sh1tuation but I would say it's probably overkill to put them into the regular buttwipe rotation....haha. It's easy to think that since they are moist your butt will be moist too, however, repeated use of them (with all their chemicals, just read the label) on a regular basis will probably dry you out back there and make things uncomfortable. Also, the use of baby wipes may give some people a false sense of security that because they are disinfectants, hand washing is not necessary. As others have said they will create havoc for your plumbing system. Finally, they aren't as eco-friendly as toilet paper and the cost of using baby wipes versus toilet paper is much more expensive. IMHO, good to have on hand but not good enough to supplant the good old two-ply charmin....

Sidenote trivia....Wiping with paper has only been around about 200 years and prior to that it was common practice to wipe with your left hand or leaves.

20. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Hahaha I'm not infatuated with **** but just like to be clean...

And I chose the name because of how hysterical the act of a hot karl is .. been a joke with buddies for a while ... probably ever since we saw it in a southpark episode many years ago.

But its good to hear I'm not crazy for using wipes for my personal hygiene needs.