friday afternoon

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by cresto4, Feb 24, 2011.

1. TheWizard

TheWizard Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    got 3 solid hours of surf in

:cool:

2. wavejunkie

wavejunkie Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2008
    lies(i mean headhigh while surfing, not bdyboarding. and if telling me NJ was 6 ft 6 times in less than 2 weeks your smoking crack)
    but this afternoon sure was good

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

3. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    which day are you questioning?and where were you at what time on those days?i'll fill you in.
    jetties,groins, piers get hit with swells at angles on certain tides and magnify,and some swells pump bigger at wide-open beachbreaks,but go ahead and think i'd have a reason to lie about it,when i myself am 6'5" and have never ridden a wave on a sponge,but i surfed a lot of days this winter.i could name the 10 head high to overhead days near as,as big or bigger than it was today since mid-december.i gave you dates.if you are a wavejunkie you should want to know.

4. EastShoreRider2

EastShoreRider2 Active Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Did you walk back to 23st?

5. SearchForShacks

SearchForShacks Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    na after i made it back to 46th i went down to like 39th and after i made it back to 46th i was over it

6. diewalrus

diewalrus Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Hes the type of guy that will be claiming double overhead sets on a solid head high plus day.

7. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    This afternoon was fun too. The onshores were not as strong, and it was light and actually kinda clean. I hope you guys made the effort. It's been a while since I had back-to-back days of surfing around here. Stoked.

8. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    This morning was better than I expected in NJ, waist high on average with some stomach sets. I even saw a few chest high peaks come in during the 3 hours I was out. I had a blast even though I cracked the nose on one of my boards, but that's why I always have a backup in the car with me!