Anyone else catch this?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by offshore, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    HAHAHA So horrible - right up there with figure skating and skiing in my book

2. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Don't forget about rollerblading ...

Question: What's the hardest part about rollerblading?

3. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Telling your parents your gay...looks like these guys will be doing the same.

4. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Haha you nailed that one! I can't remember where I first heard that joke but I think it was on mtv many yrs ago... where did u hear that joke?

5. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I was actually on another forum a few weeks back and somehow the topic of rollerblading came up. One of the guys proposed the same question and someone else chimed in with that line. I just about lost it when I read it...such a true statement.

6. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    hahaha that may be one of the most retarded things ive ever seen...why would anyone think thats a cool idea?

7. Behind The Sun

Behind The Sun Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Haters........its all good, Maui has bad conditions most of the time, you have to reinvent the way you ride.

wait until it hits the east coast......

8. jay cagney

jay cagney Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007

Now, I myself snowboard, but I'm going to have to disagree with you about skiing, freestyle skiing is getting popular right now

9. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    my gf skis, i snowboard...& those are waaaayyyy too wide to be snow skis. they've gotta be using water skis set up w/ snow bindings. i wonder...do the skis float when the binding releases? b/c that would suck...every time you wiped out you'd have to buy a new set of skis!

i agree, tho...looks pretty lame. mostly b/c you can't get yourself into waves...you're either kiting in or towing in.

10. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I think it's pretty friggin funny!! I give these guys props for the idea! It's one thing to play around in some small surf, but these guys are out there in some pretty big shizznit playin!

11. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    looks fun so I'm not going to hate. Its a funny ass idea. I wonder if I could get towed in on a sled? If someone has a jet ski I'll come up with a friggin toboggan and get towed into hurricane surf. seriously

12. darippah

darippah Well-Known Member

May 27, 2008
    I must say that doing this a few times will increase your surfing skill alot. you'll get a new perspective on a surfing

13. surfingboy65

surfingboy65 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    i would wanna see that set up in a barrel

14. eastbreak

eastbreak Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Great!

Skiing is for the mountains and/or the local lake/bay. Please don't put anymore ideas into peoples heads, we don't need more %h1t in the line up.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  15. beaner

beaner Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2006
    i'm pretty sure i've seen video of those guys towing some big waves. I don't understand why you need the boots though. Seems like a terrible idea to have super heavy boots strapped to your feet while you get pummeled. Water skis don't require boots, do they?

16. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I was thinking the same thing, though I suppose the ski's don't deal with the bumps of a big wave so well. I'd imagine they would have tried both methods prior to going to Jaws, but who knows.

As for the rollerblading comments...my opinion on this whole thing sounds something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfKTDMEoC88

17. SoDelLocal

SoDelLocal Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I don't know why you would say that it's not a "cool idea". I wouldn't be ballsy enough to try something out like that in huge surf. not like this is just another "tarp surfing" vid, this is something with some actual merit and i bet it starts to catch on with some ppl.

18. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007

DaMook, people already do that. It's called boogie boarding.

19. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I have no problem with innovators. Looks like they're stoked and that's all that really matters... :)