Gloves??

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by jone, Mar 8, 2011.

1. jone

jone Member

Oct 5, 2010
    the water is gonna be 42 degrees this weekend... what gloves am I gonna be nice and warm in? Thanks

2. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    7 mil xcel drylocks

3. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    im also still wearing my xcel 7mil mittens. All these new threads about what to wear in march or where to surf is ridiculous.

4. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I got a pair of the 5mm and man are they a ***** to put on

5. lookin4swells420

lookin4swells420 Member

Jan 17, 2011
    im still in 7mil f-bomb mittens.. i started with 5mil 5 finger drylocks and my finger tips would be done in a hour! but it depends on how easy your hands get cold also... i must say ive learned its alot better to be hot then cold!!

6. ocripcurrent

ocripcurrent Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2008
    5 mm whatever you got. Don't be a ***** :p

7. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    3mil 5 fingers all winter for me...

8. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    True.
    But sometimes we must discuss the mundane things in life or else have nothing else to talk about.
    Have you ever been married?
    hahaha

9. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    nice .

10. Sterling

Sterling Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    likewise, no issues

11. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    yeah I got the mitts . I found that if you fold the wrist cuff down and then get them on and work the cuff back over your wrist its much eaiser

12. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    You are callin him a ***** ... and you are the sponger hahahaha

13. wontonwonton

wontonwonton Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2007
    If a sponge is riding longboard or mush surf waves it is gay but on many occaisons sponges ride waves that surfers avoid. Heavy barrels in two feet of water. Dont hate. I personally think it is sick to ride both and choose which one matches the conditions. Would be missing something if ive never experienced heavy shorebreak barrels.

14. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Where I surf there is never really shorebreak dead pits ... but where there are id rather just go el natural and body surf ...

Babys first learn to crawl before they can walk ... and spongin is the equivilent of crawling so if you wanna be a baby stick to the sponge ... if not start riding like a man and stand up ... but for the love of god please don't start SUP'n

15. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    how did this thread turn into (yet another) pissing contest between surfers & spongers? :confused:
    the frequency w/ which this happens is probably the most annoying thing about this place...

16. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    ya think? i haven't seen much of it lately and i always find such discussions entertaining. btw, it's not about surfing vs. sponging: everybody who's WINNING just sheens...:D

17. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    STOKED to just wear a 3/2 and boots in may. Words cannot describe how over the cold I am. I'd rather surf knee-thigh high waves in a 3/2 than stomach to chest high waves in 5/4/3. I probably catch roughly about 5X more waves in a 3/2. yeah, that sounds about right.

18. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    i'm stoked anytime there's waves, that's why you can't be a puss and give into the winter. Open your horizons and spend the money on better gear to surf year round and not get discouraged.

to the OP, 5mm gloves are fine. I have 7mm mittens and sweat in them in 43* water to the point where i want to pull them off.

19. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    que english accent*
    "yes the dialogue on here is generally stimulating and mildly entertaining. what say you, Charles"?

awwwww....shut the fook up ya bunch of di(k draggin leftists! hahahahahahahah :D

20. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    you serious, man? Don't go around calling people out just for being excited for warmth