Surfer Mag Montauk Editorial

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by survet, Mar 16, 2011.

1. survet

survet Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Has anyone read the letter to the editor in this months Surfer Mag about Montauk localism? I know how I feel about it. I wanted to see what others thought

2. kman

kman Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2007
    is there a link?

3. fulltilt720

fulltilt720 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2008
    I read it. I think it was from the issue before. It's certainly an interesting piece. I don't remember it word for word, but it was pretty intense. The way I feel about it is--if the mag is showing stuff from just ditch in the summer time, it's all good and fine. Anything other than that and I can understand the frustration. I don't live there, but I want that place to remain exactly as it is. Forever.

4. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I read that it was in last months mag. Its obvious that the reader dont know anyone who surfs montuak cause there are a good number of pros and well reconized surfer that call Montauk there home from march to oct. If the guy dotn like that his "spot" is getting so much coverage cause of the great surfing at cetain times in the year he should just move or by a dredge and pump sand so nobody can sur fhis "spot" :rolleyes:

5. kman

kman Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2007
    i've never had a problem...i feel thu vibe iz betta owt there then LB actually...