Tropical Storms

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Haig Bakhtiarian, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Haig Bakhtiarian

Haig Bakhtiarian Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    So i see tropical storm cindy is forming do you guys think this is going to bring any swell in nj?

2. chillisurfer

chillisurfer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Lol... nope, its too far east and already pretty much in line with the atlantic region. If anything Brett has a better chance of bringing swell but if he does it'll be minimal, as it's losing strength and going away from the coast as well.

3. Haig Bakhtiarian

Haig Bakhtiarian Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    ok thanks how big do you think itll be if we get a swell from brett and when

4. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    calm down and wait.no one knows.it might do nothing,or it might do something.many of us have been waiting a while,now

5. ripturbo

ripturbo Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    cindy= nada. bret=thigh if we lucky.everyone,incl. me, gets too hype when we see spin. its flat in summer every year.patience grasshopper

6. whosthat

whosthat Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    On deck is Don. Followed by Emily, Franklin, Gert, Harvey, Irene, Jose, Katia, Lee, Maria, Nate, Ophelia, Philippe, Rina, Sean, Tammy, Vince, and finally Whitney. We got a long way to go.

7. bobbyg

bobbyg Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    I'm losing it man. IM LOSING it

8. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Oh snap, Hurricane Lee better not disappoint...

9. bushwood

bushwood Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I paddled out last night down in SB hoping that maybe withthe tide push last night might get a small bit of pulse from Brett, was just hoping if i was on it at the right time get something rideable but.......... nothing. I was just wanted to find someone named Brett to flip him off or some gesture to show my distaste in things named Brett. So hopefully wont be on here cursing the name "lee" in a few months. I did score this past Firday night and Saturday morning on some fun stomach high sets friday night and wasit high sets on Saturday morning this past weekend.

You can pretty much mark your calendar though for August 15th thru September 1 that we are having a good tropical swell.............. I just found out that I have to go to Bremerton Washington for those two weeks, and it never fails soon as i leave in the late summer/fall for work we get a good swell so............... You're all welcome!

10. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Aw thanks bushwood! stoked!

11. travy

travy Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    i thought there'd be some ridable bumps this morning but it was beyond weak. not a great start to storm season. boo brett!

12. Stayabovetheweather

Stayabovetheweather Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    No need to fret. This is typically one of the least consistent times of year surf wise in the mid Atlantic/NE. I generally write off May 20 through August 15th as time to work on my golf game. We will get ours, just be patient, and in the meantime, Stay Above the Weather!!

13. chillisurfer

chillisurfer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    This is a great start of the season, 3 tropical storms before August even hits us is a good sign of a very busy tropical season. And Don will probably develop before August as well. Check hurricane archives to see how past years played out during this time of year. http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/at2011.asp

14. travy

travy Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    i'm changing my mantra this year from 'hype' to 'hope' :cool: