Longboard Skate Board Question

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by BP61, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. whosthat

whosthat Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    I thought the same at first....I'm 41 now.....am I too old for this? So my sister bought me a Kahuna Pohaku w/ Gullwing's for Christmas. F'n A!!! I use my Leki backpacking poles w/ rubber stoppers on the ends so I don't have to kick.....what a blast! Their spring loaded in the handles, gives it a little extra umph. I'll get a Big Stick eventually. My next deck will be from Dune Longboards. Check them out on YouTube. I think they're on Twitter too, but I'm too old for that crap!

3. IggyP64

IggyP64 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I just read this thread and I was going to tell you that I reccommend the JBay from sector9...hahaha, you beat me to it.

I really like it and it cruises real well...BTW, I'm 47 and using it to stay in shape and have fun...

4. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    offshore and ginsu, thank you for the info...mine aren't squeeking yet, so i guess I'm good for now. Appreciate your help.

5. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
  6. jay cagney

jay cagney Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    could also mention that original is based and run out of new jersey and the owners are both surfers. support your local even if they are growing

[​IMG]

co-owner scott in north jersey

7. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    get yourself a freeride/downhill board, then go find some hills and learn to slide. Mucho fun

8. ginsumagic

ginsumagic Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Welcome, check for PM

9. IggyP64

IggyP64 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
  10. mongoloid

mongoloid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    loaded boards from cali are sick. my buddy has a loaded deck w original trucks. an interesting ride for sure

[video=youtube;JTzvd6VSYMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzvd6VSYMU[/video]

11. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Any takers for this year?

[video=youtube;2Gct-Cpy6Sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gct-Cpy6Sw[/video]

12. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    ahh thats looks sick when is it?

13. jay cagney

Oct 26, 2007
    i'm in that video

race is in october

14. clintopher

clintopher Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Just wanted to say thanks to you all...now I've got yet one more thing I want to spend money on.

15. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I just got a set of Bones Bombers 68mm 85a for my regulare skateboard for when I go to the local bowl in my town or FDR . I cant wait to sk8 this wheels

16. ginsumagic

ginsumagic Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Oh Hell Yehhhh !!!!!!

17. windswellsucks

windswellsucks Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2007
    ive been lurking on www.pavedwave.com some killer info on setting up skateboards to feel like surfboards.

Jay cagney - where in NJ is original based? I couldnt find it on their website, I want to go there and buy some gangster trucks. im in monmouth co, thanks

18. jay cagney

Oct 26, 2007
    newton nj, northwest jersey. about 2 hours from belmar area

19. kooklykook

kooklykook Member

May 17, 2011
    regarding the age issue. i skate with dudes well over 40. I'm inland here and we drive down and hit up baltimore and towson parking garages in the middle of the night. age aint no thing homez. won't give u as much stoke as surfing, but bombing a hill at 40 mph with some buds is close :). just adrenaline produced.

20. ECSURFR

ECSURFR Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Kooky you guys should hit up Landsdowne skatepark in Blatimore...2nd oldest park in the USA...all the old school dudes are up here with their old school decks.