Bing/Matt/swap meet/Bay Head,NJ

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by beachbreak, Sep 11, 2011.

1. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bing Copeland and Matt Calvani will be at Beach House in Bay Head on September 25 for the Surfboard Swap Meet

2. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah I heard about this they are gonna be in Heritage Surf in OCNJ from 2-5pm on the 24th

3. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    get to meet and ask matt calvani personal custom board design questions in person!

4. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah I got a cpl questions my self too on a board order. I am un decided on what I wanna get far as another longboard. I either want a Silver Spoon , another Elevator or a PIG. I wanna get a Speed Square too

5. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I ride a Matt Calvani shape and think it's the best board I have ever ridden.

6. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    I agree I have one aswell and its the Bees Knees!

7. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    i had a really nice 9'4" Silver Spoon from Beach House;worked great.Eric had Matt make a Hap Jacobs East Coast Model and East Coast Noserider I'm interested in.My favorite Bings from Matt are a 8'0"Good Karma with a Greenough 4a i rode to its death literally,best board i ever owned,and a 9'0" Lightweight Stepdeck.I'm very intrigued with the Pintail Lightweight,he's making these in 8'0" and 8'6" now too,and that design is beautiful in the shorter lengths

8. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    If you like something with a stepdeck you gotta try a elevator . Its probally one of the best noseriders I have ever ridden . It turns on a dime and the noserides are out of this worlds . Once your perched on the nose and locked in the board takes over. Its only down fall is its a knee the chest high board and it needs kinda a steep wave. Where as the NR2 or the origonal noserider catches any this from knee to OH

9. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Try the Bing 4speed. Its a Matt Calvani design for bigger days (chest & up). Awesome board.

10. ripthegnar

ripthegnar Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2010
    speed square's look insane. my cousin got one, he shreds like crazy on it.

11. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Sweet I Heard they take a bit of getting use to but once you get use to them they are sick . I also like Matt's Mini Simmons too

12. cgrizzard

cgrizzard Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Yeah Matt the Elevator is sick... I don't ride mine as much as I should (I enjoy my mini simmons and dumpster diver on smaller days), but it is an unbelievable board. I am really trying hard not to order the Dharma, it looks unreal. Maybe on the next trip to California I'll have to pick one up:confused::confused:

I may seriously make my way up there to check this out

13. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah I had a Elevator in a 9'8 I ended up selling it this spring to put money towards my new bing . If I get another one I might get it a bit smaller like 9'4 or 9'6

14. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    the guy is a fantastic shaper,long,short,in-between,so to get to discuss specifics on custom boards in person is really helpful since he is based in cal

15. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    I've got a Calvani Bing Bonzer that's pretty sweet too.

16. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah Ill be on OCNJ on the 24th and I might make a trip up to Bayhead with the wife for the swapmeet on the 25th

17. idsmashh

idsmashh Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    How much for a custom Bing board?? Shortboard.. Spork probably. Anyone have an estimate?

18. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    A clear one will run about $600 + shipping.

19. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    Bing and Hap Jacobs are relatively expensive and worth the extra money