A new Swellinfo group

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by GoodVibes, Mar 9, 2012.

1. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I feel like there is a little friction between the Northern boys and the Southern bells.With that I am taking the liberty of starting a new swellinfo group so both these Atlantic ocean forces can unite.I think theres a little misconception out there.Just to let you southern fellows know,we do not have guido's in our lineup.Not all of the woman up here look like Snookie.Our water is alot cleaner then you think.We do however enjoy going to diners.I am quite certain that most of you southern folks don't live in the mountains,raise your own chickens,your favorite breakfast is grits and don't have a gun rack in your pickups.So I am now creating a Swellinfo group by the name of The Yankee-Redneck Rippers so once in for all we can all just be one happy Swellinfo family.:)

2. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    i wish we could weed out the junior members from the senior members and this forum would be so much better....like it use to be

3. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    haha damn straight super fish. and goodvibes, i'm down for it

4. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I don't live in the mountains, but my favorite breakfast is grits (which I order at diners), I have a gun rack in my truck (that has 20" rims on it and blares house music), I dip Skoal in the line up, have a blow out hairdo, use steroids, my girl is the spitting image of Snooki, I raise chickens and goats, and I wear gold chains over my wetsuit (quoted that last bit from one of the SI members). I embrace all that is yankee-redneck forum my friends.

Hey SF, what is it about the junior members that make this forum not "like it used to be?" I don't always have time to post, but have read these forums for a few years as a nice distraction from work.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  5. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
  6. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I like it, bring the people together! We are all east coasters...fighting, kicking, scraping for a slab of paradise....who's in?

7. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I love grits and have a couple chickens because there are no eggs like fresh eggs. I would own a goat if it were legal in the city limits for one reason--home made chevre and manchego. I live within walking distance from the best diner in Wilmington--Ezzells, where I suppose you can get Jersey-style french fries with gravy on them but I don't eat gravy so I wouldn't know. I have a 12-gauge for the sole purpose of shooting skeet with my buddies on one of the hundreds of intermediary islands sandwiched between the ICW and the ocean (it's legal 364 days/year). I'm a die-hard fisherman and I LOVE TO GIG FLOUNDER (or Fluke as they are referred to in the North). I was born and raised in the Southern part of NC, a state that is divided by the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Complete identity crisis, but I love it. I have three stickers on my truck: StopTitan.org, NC Oyster shell recycling program and Artfuel. I have never owned a sticker of or anything else relating to the Rebel Flag, but love it when I see a NJ tagged car with one on it. I BY ALL MEANS DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SALT LIFE MEME, in my book it's just NoFear redux--what else do you expect from something out of Gainesville, FL?

Anyway, my participation in razzing people in the North/South forum (I don't think anything I said was really offensive) is completely tongue-in-cheek. I love all you guys and y'all, just don't over-crowd my lineup! ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  8. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    The perfect breakfast... that tastes like home... fried fish and eggs over easy... side of grits with butter and hot sauce.

Cape May is closer to Virginia than NYC. Way closer... geographically and culturally... at least when I was growing up there.

9. Topo

Topo Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    How about; South of the Mason Dixon & North of the Mason Dixon Line (Survey boundary bewteen Maryland, Pennsylvania & Deleware). Amazing, this debate is over 200 years old.

10. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I think what he means is he misses the old Mid-Atlantic group where there was alot of the old timers on there posting.Over the years thou just about every surfing topic has been covered.All in all if its for free its 4 me.Just a different VIBE now.

11. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    yes. all the new people whine ***** and complain all the time. there's no legit conversations anymore, mostly due to the new members