Heading to Florida

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Uncle Irish, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Uncle Irish

Uncle Irish Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Heading to Florida with the family next week. Looks like there could be some kind of swell on Thursday/Friday in the Sebastian area. Hopefully, something fun, looking forward to no wetsuit for a few days. Don't know why I'm posting this info other than maybe a public prayer for waves down FLA.

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Good luck with scoring waves on Thurs. / Fri, you may get lucky and find a little something around Sebastian, but if you are able, you might want to check out New Smryna / Ponce Inlet, where it's typically a little bigger and a little cleaner on average.

3. Uncle Irish

Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks Dawn Patrol. We will be in Vero Beach and it"s more of a family vacay than a surf trip so just hoping to find something local. Hoping to get my daughters on a few waves as well after a summer of surfing in NJ. They are chomping at the bit to get back in the water, which is very cool. They caught the bug.

4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Gotcha, well have fun down there and good luck. Very cool they have caught the bug too, it usually only takes one wave and the addiction sets in HAHA

5. delsurf73

delsurf73 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Right now im in delray beach area for wrestlemania and the swell down here stinks.I thought delaware sucks but i could not do it down here.How is central florida surf

6. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Flat Flat Flat..maybe alil something towards the weekend..good size for the kids..

7. seventy1percent

seventy1percent Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Hopefully the scattered thunderstorms will kick something up for you that is rideable! not looking good though

8. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    If your at Vero Beach, hit the Ft. Pierce inlet its just a ten minute ride from vero or better yet go to Indianatlntic area its a pretty decent break and at 2.5 @ 12sec should be loads of fun next weekend...keep your fingers crossed for a swell and most of all have fun

9. Uncle Irish

Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks everyone. As long as there is something to get my girls back into the swing, I will be stoked. If there is something rideable for me, that's a bonus.

10. soflo

soflo Active Member

Mar 31, 2012
    I think Sebastian will be rideable wed thurs fri... But for sure your kids will be able to get up...But what the heck is a "wet suit"???? Board shorts that don't dry?

11. marknel83

marknel83 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I heard wet suits are meant for hardcore surfers doing grown man business up north.
    I would try going to juno beach pier. Cool little spot.

12. TylerSurf4life15

TylerSurf4life15 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Hit up Ponce Inlet, Wednesday there's going to be a swell, & this weekend maybe >:D .
    Ponce is one of the better breaks in FL. ( Where I surf 80 % of the time )

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    You missed the last three months of swell?

14. Uncle Irish

Aug 16, 2011
    Fun ground swell zipping through. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

15. skruslicky

skruslicky New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    if you didnt get out there today you missed one of the better swells weve had all year

16. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    hey uncle irish curious to know which beach did you actually surf on...coming from Vero and all...went out this evening...barrels, barrels and more barrels...enough said

17. Uncle Irish

Aug 16, 2011
    I was in one of the gated communities, north of town, south of Disney.

18. H2O'C

H2O'C Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    just scored at Jensen right before the tide came in...still fun and clean..might be a lil left when the tide changes again..

19. Uncle Irish

Aug 16, 2011
    Awesome trip down to Florida. Sunny skies and perfect water temp every day. Had a couple days of fun waves and had a blast in the water with my daughters. My seven yr old told every one that would listen how she got worked but stayed brave and didn't panic. As for wetsuits, they are these annoying things we have to wear up north that tire my weekend-warrior a$$ out when paddling out to the lineup.