Costa Rica. laptop, phone, etc...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by chad05gt, Apr 7, 2012.

1. chad05gt

chad05gt Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Staying at WRSC.

Will laptop, phone, etc. be safe IN THE ROOM.

or, dont bother bringing b/c they will walk the first night.

Again, in the room, are belongings safe?

Thanks for your time,

Chad

2. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    unlikely that they will be safe. i'd leave them home, or if you ABSOLUTELY have to take one or more of those things, see if the camp has a safe of some kind.
    why would you even WANT to take all that crap w/ you?

3. Stayabovetheweather

Stayabovetheweather Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    yea bring everything .. none of the ticos will steal it!! they are all simple people who are content with everything they already have .. so they have no need for your 1500$ laptop or camera with all its equipment!

4. chad05gt

chad05gt Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    good point; lost track somewhere!

Its staying, Im going...

5. bobsurfs

bobsurfs Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I know where they would be safe......if you have some time, come down and visit. Email me at bob@realsurftrips.com or call my cell..... 8582-9490, Negra's been firing!!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  6. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I got hassled by some shady drug dealers one night in tamarindo, then the next day I saw one of them giving a lesson at WRSC at the rivermouth. Just staying...

7. mucker

mucker Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    yes they will be safe. We've stayed at WRSC 8 times. Each year we take a laptop and various other electronic devices like iphones, cell phones, ipods, psp, nintendo ds, etc. We lock the small electronics in the safe with our money and passports when we are out of the room but leave the laptop out and never had any issues.

8. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    no sense risking it. I'd bet that there is a 80 percent or better chance they would get lifted no matter where you stay in CR. Either leave them at home or lock in the safe.

9. mysurfstory

mysurfstory Member

Mar 21, 2012
    A guy I know just came home and unfortunately had all of his cameras and laptop stolen. I have never had an issue down there, but I have to say why risk the computer. Keep it simple your in CR. Pura Vida

10. usmcchristian12

usmcchristian12 Active Member

Apr 3, 2012
    wrsc dont worry u will be fine iam costa rican just dont flash it up and down and travel with it in a car enjoy ur trip iam going june 10