Flat Spell

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by backside hack, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Most of the dolphins I see are very animated, Sea World type flips like CBSCREBY mentioned. The ones that hang around the inlet I frequent do surf the waves, actually got "cut off" by one for the first time a couple months ago. It was a smaller juvenile, which means it probably learned it's bad manners from hanging out with too many WB groms.

2. SouthjettyBill

SouthjettyBill Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    See you southern guys live with an ocean that's alive. Man, Jersey is just bleak. I have never seen any Flipper moves by any dolphins. Just always see the fin come up......fin go down.........as they cruise down the beach.....and when I say always, I don't mean that we see them that often. I usually see them in late August/September and that's it. Today was a rarity. But they were just hanging at the surface for a good long time....Then the mother****ers would start swimming like they were racing each other......They'd go south.....then north........I swear one looked over at me and laughed at me.

Friggin New Jersey....and yeah, yeah, I know everybody with the water quality jokes.........but the water is 10x better than back in the mid to late 80's........that's when it was beautiful. Railroad ties(sp), medical waste, Ciba Geigy chemical dumping one mile off the coast, trash, trash, trash, the northern dump zone, what was that 100 miles off the coast??..............But most of that stuff has been corrected.

Seals.......I'm 40 right now.......look 30....act 20..........but I ain't never seen no seal until five years ago......Now I see them dudes kind of frequently. I think they have adopted me as one of their own. In the past two years I have had multiple occasions of one appearing and just groving with me for up to 45 minutes. Me and my seal. Hey I should make a TV show....about a drugged - out surfer dude, who's a bit crazy, who rants on a surfing website and makes friends with seals. Like a Gentle Ben show but just replace the bear with a seal.....or a BJ & the Bear show with a seal........

Hey Erock, don't come up north and club our seals, ok........

3. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    yeah, people who live at the beach get to go surfing whenever they want, ya damn tourist ;)

What would you prefer we talk about? The problems with the aging male body? Politics? The good old days?

Close your laptop and go surfing.

4. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i saw dolphins surf this very morning somewhere south of where i live.

5. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    Don't know where the "people who live at the beach can go surfing whenever they want" comment came from....And so what if I take my lunch in a shoebox and bring my chairs on the beach.......and just sit there( I never really saw the allure of that)

Yes, I would rather talk about aging and politics than over-hype every ripple in the mighty Atlantic.....

Oh Lee.....Lee......Honey, the good old days were so much better. Let's see: we had more waves....jeez we don't even get NE swells anymore. It was less crowded and we didn't have a new beach replenishment project going down every five minutes......OMG, it was so much better. Someday after I visit you in VB, you'll come up here to Jersey and you'll sit on my lap while I rock in my rocking chair and I'll tell you all about the good old days. Then we get ice cream.

Aready surfed today Lee. Morning time.......at the hour when the winds were silent....silenter(sic) at least.....

6. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    t I will point out that you have just completed an entire logic loop. Oh did you go surfing today... You? Really? You? No freaking way? Just had to tell everybody didn't you....

Loosen up a little... I picture you sitting on your front porch with an iphone in your hand looking like Clint Eastwood from Grand Turino. "GET OFF MY LAWN, oh snap, studlee took my bait..."

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  7. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    I told you I went surfing cause you told me to go surfing....I merely told you I already did. So YOUR logic is a tad off. You seem very insecure for a "STUD." You thought you were hot stuff when I was gone didn't you. Don't worry Lee I'm not trying to steal your thunder.

I expected someone to be going after me when I got back on but never thought it would be you, Studlee. That hurts.

Actually studlee I'm not the one talking shat.....you are. You seem methed - up or something. Now you just calm down or I'll tell Mr. Swellinfo that you are "ENGAGING ME IN AN ARGUMENT."

8. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    Lee I'm going to get going now.....

Lee, I was very "loose" .....I wasn't the one all aggro.

May I suggest you read one of Gordon Korman's classics:

I Want to Go Home
    Bruno & Boots This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall
    Bruno & Boots Beware the Fish
    I think these literary masterpieces will take you to a more wholesome, kinder place. Might chill you out a bit. Lee, Jesus wants us to have control of egos. These books will help you become a more gentle person.

9. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    I remember reading those when I was 11 or 12, good stuff. I'm surprised you were able to tear yourself away from "The Daily Worker" to read something else...

10. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    Hey Oipaul, how about The Great Brain series, huh.....Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Nothing like going back to 1890's Utah.

Hey is The Daily Worker some commie rag. I'm not a communist. I'm just not a phony, hypocritical conservative. If you are for less government, as they all say they are, well let me have my hookers, 420 and don't make me wear seatbelts. But "LESS GOVERNMENT" only applies to letting corporations rob, rape and pilage......oh, and no social programs......We cry JESUS, but we hate the poor.....We want to abolish abortions, but won't care about how these unwanted kids are raised or survive.....Yes gotta love those phony conservatives.........Bunch of dopes who vote for anyone who says,"Jesus." And I dig Jesus by the way but HE's not running our country.

11. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    Oh Oipaul we'll have to have a book discussion about the Korman books someday......I mean I Want to Go Home is just such a classic.....all of them are. They give you that nice sense of Canadian security, ya know.

12. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    yep another good one. Let me throw an obscure one at you "Freddy the Pig" by Walter R. Brooks; and "The Mummy, the Will and the Crypt" by John Bellairs.

13. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    Nahh those ones got by me........

Ok, we both share an affinity for classic "young adult" books...........So please stop teasing me all the time. My psychiatrist bills are through the roof. That goes for all y'all.

14. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Dude, now that's funny :D never thought I being say'n this but ...........................

[​IMG][/IMG]

15. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011
    OMG I'm seeing like three different shrinks these days

I have my drug addiction shrink......

My anger management shrink

And.....my SWELLINFO - MEANY GUYS shrink......

You guys make me feel so bad about myself. I almost went to the liquor store last night cause of meany Doug. Shoot, I don't have any shrink appointments on weekends.....so I'm have to just pray no one gives me the business these next two days.

16. kittyhawksurf

kittyhawksurf Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Until low pressure systems begin to once again develop S W of Bermuda and move SLOWLY NNE or big lows move up The Appalachian Mts with a strong South fetch of Southerly wind from the Bahamas {as was the case in the 60's,70' 80' and half of the 90's} the East Coast will only receive short period wind wave until there is a tropical swell. There needs to be a change in the Jet Stream pattern.

17. juliaep

juliaep Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011

18. SouthjettyBill

Nov 16, 2011

19. surfin_nigg

surfin_nigg Member

Jan 20, 2012
    yo Southjetty yall back brotha damn man whach you get banned fo!?! You da best on this forum man. I got banned for sayin nigga and im back too

20. andrewk529

andrewk529 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAZue6ylZ8

This is an interesting video covering some of the contributing factors which effect the Jet Stream.