Surfing High

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ocsurf21, Apr 20, 2012.

1. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Ok... fair point, but I never said it was. Your response leaves me wondering if my post came off as pro-drugs?

2. andrewk529

andrewk529 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Because from my perspective Big Brother has nothing to do with allowing people to drive over a beach...By driving over a beach in a National Park, you are destroying the environment which many people use/enjoy. If you chose to partake in consuming any type of drug as an adult you are harming yourself. It is clearly a personal choice for which I believe adults have the right to decide.We could even go far as to mention that the protected animal species cross state lines, and go that route ,if you want to break out the constitution.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

3. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    are you straight edge?

4. Areyoulucid?

Areyoulucid? New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    LSD is less toxic than vitamin-C

5. Masterjasson

Masterjasson Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
  6. blackie

blackie Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    marijuana will always be a part of surf culture. take a trip to central america.

7. Debasahh

Debasahh Active Member

Apr 18, 2011
    i dont really consider myself athletic enough (or good enough at surfing yet) to get real stoned and try to shred. mayybe on a real small chill day in the OB or something.

however i bet catching a wave on a dose or two of good acid is mind-melting.

and LOL at people freaking out about weed. please.

8. hinmo24t

hinmo24t Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    ^pixies fan? right on if so.

9. bradflora00

bradflora00 Member

Sep 13, 2009
    "small days good big days better... " times 100

10. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i surfed stoned exactly once, while in costa rica...my normal sense of equilibrium was taken & transported to a galaxy far, far away.

11. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    some pass on grass debasahh...please explain the relationship between being athletic enough to shred while stoned and not being athletic enough to shred while not stoned.

12. andrewk529

Sep 3, 2010
  13. actionpants

actionpants Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Back while I was in college just got finished smoking when I get a call from my friend saying that it was going off so we went out at this point break in New York on a head high swell it was absolutely mind blowing. Mind you, this spot requires about a mile and a half walk so it wasn't like I blazed and went right out. But I can attest that it doesn't make you lazy, had a great session. Mad focused. Reeling head high lefts for 200+ yards. Did get a little paranoid when the plus sets would roll through or if the lip took me out and had to wear a few on the head.

As many have already said weed has always and will always be a part of surf culture. You wanna talk about addiction? How about fiending for the next that next wave, or getting super aggro when there's been no surf for weeks?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  14. Bronze Whaler

Bronze Whaler Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I have not read anything about the ancient Polynesians and Hawaiians who invented surfing smoking marijuana.

15. actionpants

actionpants Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Let me rephrase that...20th century surf culture. Because you are correct there is no real evidence of the ancient Polynesians using any sort of psychoactive substances aside from Kava.

16. ocsurf21

ocsurf21 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    yea and kava kava has similiar effects to being drunk. which would **** your surfing up alot more if not accustomed to it

17. Debasahh

Debasahh Active Member

Apr 18, 2011
    well its like this--i smoke plenty of weed as is. last summer i had a pedicabbing job for the summer (one of those bike-taxis you probably hate because you get stuck behind them) now i hadn't done it before so it took a while to get the hang of it and get used to the amount of physical activity involved. during the first few weeks, if i got stoned and had to haul fat people around all day, it completely blew. after a month or so, smoking was no big deal at all, i was totally used to the amount of effort i was putting out.

now i dont live at the beach, but im down there maybe once a week when the surf is good. im still relatively new to surfing, i started when i was young but due to a car accident i hadnt tried in a long time, last year i started up again. i have no problem catching waves and can surf decently down the line but when im stoned im more liable to go eat a ton of food and blast music. then again ive never even tried smoking then surfing. i have no doubt that its great for the more experienced surfer.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  18. the_chotch

the_chotch Member

Feb 12, 2012
    One time when I was visiting my buddy in La Jolla, we woke up at the ass crack of dawn and took some GBs (maybe a few too many). He took me to Blacks for my first time, and it was overhead and reeling. Being completely ripped, it took me about 40 minutes to walk down the trail. I was so nervous, that I was moving at the speed of a geriatric patient. After getting hysterically laughed at, we paddled out and proceeded to get shacked silly. It was also really funny seeing the nudists HANGIN' OUT on the beach. Good times!

19. andrewk529

Sep 3, 2010
    Cannabis is native to SE Asia... Polynesians originated in SE Asia.

20. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    i agree 100%.surfing is addiction.weed is a plant that makes u happy hungry and lazy.there are far worse things like shootin a bundle of dope,then paddling out,trust me theres many many guys out there like that.one of my mentors struggled with herion,and this guy could go out doped up and catch a 30ft set at pipe,benchpress 400 lbs.theres nothing wrong with pot,people need to get over that.i cant stand these straightedge wannabe mick/slater surfers who talk **** about others because they smoke a little pot.most winter sessions i take a few swigs of leroux blackberry,some know,most dont,and id say that is by far worse than smoking and surfing.i have surfed drunk,i have surfed high,i surfed sober...i seek buddah,i seek christ,i need therapy!!!