I love it when...

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by surfX, Apr 23, 2012.

1. surfX

surfX Member

Sep 9, 2010
    You tell your boss the reason you were late this morning is because of a "Dr Appointment" and all of a sudden your sinuses release a gush of water.

2. camerino

camerino Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Just tell'm you think you caught something on your nose. There was a lil bit of swelling, so you had to ride it out.
    The Dr. helped you flush it out.

3. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    haha i'm definitely stealing that one man^^

4. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I got busted one time with sand in my ear.

Sand... in my ear...

Never even thought of that. Sunscreen to ward off the giveaway sunburn... check. Shirt, tie, hair combed... check. Crusty salt boogers cleared... check.

Sand in the ear? Damn!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  5. cheese

cheese Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    none of my coworkers know i surf. i plan to keep it that way..see how long itll last

6. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Its best to keep it that way. Especially to your supervisors.

Surfing is something that i kinda do as a personal thing, only my wife sees how really stoked I get after a good surf. I know some people who absolutely have to keep talking, facebook status'ing, tweeting about it though.

7. Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool

Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I've had about 8 grandparents die. Almost all of them in September and October.

8. surfrr

surfrr Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    +1 on the root canal excuse. That gets you like 3 sessions over a 4-6 week period. I've had two root canals in the past 18 months. Try to back it up by always leaving candy wrappers around the office....

9. camerino

camerino Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    ROFL Almost spit coffee on my keyboard.

10. poleboarder1

poleboarder1 Member

Feb 9, 2012
    No one ever questions diarrhea, there just like "go... out.. go home"

11. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    I'm the boss.....so I call employees in saying things like "I have boss things to do."

They get paid by the hour and none of them surf......so my Karma is still in check.

12. krl0919

krl0919 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    skipped class one day to surf. forgot i had a presentation that day. realized that night i was supposed to present that day so the next day I told the professor the water pump on my truck (which i fixed like 2 days prior to this) went and i got stuck at home. I showed him the receipt and ended up not having to present and got an automatic A. Lightening dosent usually strike twice so im never trying that one again.

13. whitewater

whitewater Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    a buddy of mine told his boss he had a rectal exam he forgot about. Come to find out his bosses wife was a proctologist. So, yeah, that didn't go over well.

somehow I've had to put my dog down 3 times in the past 4 years. SOB just won't go down

14. eastbreak

eastbreak Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I use my kids for my tardiness due to surfing. My kid has a dental appointment, my kid is sick and I need to stay home with her, I got the bug thanks to my kids and need a day off to recover (24hr Stomach Virus).

Bye they way, good thread topic. :)

15. REDDZ

REDDZ Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Being the boss, the only one you have to explain your absence to is yourself. Thus arises the issue of guilt. Should I be surfing or earning money. Living on the east coast though, this is an easy one. GET THE WAVES WHENEVER THEY'RE THERE.

16. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    You know it! I even thought about calling someone in for this morning......I decide to not, then worried about it all night. When I checked the surf this morning, I was relieved to know that I made the right call.

And my good surf Karma is kicking too....I have tomorrow off and the forecast best time to surf is between 10am-11am......prefect, I can sleep in too! WooooooWhooooo!

PS No guilt here, I've earned it....my phone rings randomly at 2AM for crazy work stuff.....boss=head **** catcher.