pee test, uh -oh

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by eppeldaa, May 4, 2012.

1. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    let me clarify....i totally support legalization. always have, even when I was smoking. I support legalization with the exception of driving under the influence (because that CAN hurt somebody else) and allowing employers to ban employees from smoking. Would you REALLY want your surgeon stoned when he was working on you?

Having said that, the OP is was stressing about getting in trouble at work over it. So he basically has two choices, quit or find a job so he can smoke. pretty simple. clensing works and sometimes it doesnt and I've known way too many people who tried it and got fired. Risking your job over it is stupid period, especially if you have a family depending on you. Lay off it until you can find another job that doesn't test.

2. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    I'm glad to hear you feel that way.

But remember, we are not talking about my surgeon being high during the operation, but about him/her smoking the weekend before. I know MANY doctors who use on the regular.

3. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    yeah hopefully some accurate tests to show that your are high will be developed. they have it lucky. where i work if a clinician tests positive, they are booted.

4. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    HAHHAHAAAAA! Sorry, but the fact is weed is illegal and for good reason. Similar story to one of the guys in this thread I smoked for a long time and I have nothing to show for it but regret. I've estimated probably about $30k-$40k wasted.

After about 10 years of it I started to get paranoid and anxious. I read that after prolonged use weed has caused symptoms similar to schyzophrenia. What I thought was harmless brought me to places I never wanted to be.

When I quit I felt like I was in a fog for about 2 years. I was sober but I couldn't think in complex ways that I knew I could before and can now that it has worn off.

It is personal choice but there's more to life than smoking weed. Like surfing! I always know the stoners out in the water, huffing and puffing coughing crap up and can't keep up when it comes time to paddle battle.

5. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    i hate those type of people that judge everyone and then thinks theyre the perfect person out there.

6. pyroarchy

pyroarchy Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    There are different types of stoners though, some are very talented and have massive discipline in being responsible smokers and holding down a job and family. I quit cigarettes with the help of marijuana, im not praising it as a life saving drug or anything but it has its positive uses. Some people do not need to smoke weed at all, some people cannot handle it. Ive studied the chemistry of most illicit drugs and the effect on human bodies. Yes smoke from anything is bad, yes it can make some people bad drivers, as for me I become more precautionary when driving stoned. I think my reaction times are not hindered by it as well (the Olympic commity considers weed a performance enhancing drug). Every drug has a positive use it can perform, yes even LSD, cocaine and all sorts have legitimate uses, but Im not going to bring those into this lovely thread. Bottom line responsible use will be the most important role in changing how people view marijuana, leave it at home, secure it from your children and be smart. Ive lived a life of bad mistakes go check out the Carteret County Dare car, it use to be mine until it was seized. I learned alot the hard way and hope to better myself from those mistakes. Sorry Im all over different topics with this post, just so much to say and share, not enough time to do it.

7. spongedude

spongedude Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010

as you pointed out, that is YOUR experience. my inability to drink alcohol without feeling ill does not lead me to tell anyone not to use it responsibly. i just move on and do other things. learn from your experiences and apply it to your own life.
    cannabis is not illegal for health reasons. read some history. prior to criminalization it was indicated in the treatment of many maladies, from menstrual cramps and insomnia to anxiety and "soldier's sickness" (heroin addiction). politics sometimes get in the way of sound pharmacology

8. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    wtf else do we talk about when the waves are 2 feet and theres a side shore everyday......OH YEA ^

9. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    I used to run 5 miles a day lifeguarding after smoking every night and not have a problem at all. Its all experience and how your body treats it like you said. I dont smoke for monetary reasons but I assure you, the ones who can ruin their own lives over marijuana use are just lazy. You can smoke and be proactive. I MEAN HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED AT THE STARS...ON WEED?!?!?!?! Just have positive vibes, RESPECT everyone, worry about yourself (very important in any lineup), and have a good time...

10. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Ain't that the f'ing truth.

The cotton industry and big Pharma probably had the most to due with making it illegal.

11. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Regardless if its illegal or legal- the bottom line is that you are still inhaling smoke- fire- into your lungs. Does this sound like a smart idea? idk, but when you take a moment and logically think about it, the bottom line, your actually paying for your own death. But you have a choice, so make up your own mind about it.

I totally agree that you should be able to make your own choices, live your own life, and that no one should judge you ect ect ect...the sad truth is that somebody is always going to judge you. I'm sure people judge me all day long... just as some of you may already have done... and will continue to do...

Choices have consequences. Read some history. Learn from other peoples mistakes. You can work all your life to make that dollar, to support your habit and pay the bills, only to find out that in the end your habit lead you to receive lung cancer.

AND if I was an employer - I would not want a pothead representing my company, regardless if they can 'act' professional. Employers are not 'forced' to give their employees drug test, they have a choice too- just like you... if you don't like it, go somewhere else...

BTW- where is that 'Sand Between My Toes' guy? Shouldn't he be making an appearance about now??? School should be out soon in Salsbury... and you know what that means.... surfing those big summer swells we get!

12. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    I think it was big tobacco.

13. TeddyK

TeddyK Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    hemp was being used and cotton would not have been so big...to much money in the whole cotton bussiness to let that happen

14. pyroarchy

pyroarchy Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Thankfully they have vaporizers now which are pretty nice, I used several different types. You can really taste the "herbs" alot better, and no smoke at all! :D

Also alot of companies are forced into testing due to insurance reasons.

15. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Actually, it was America's attempt to rid of Mexicans, as you can see...it didn't work.:D