nomad

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by eppeldaa, May 31, 2012.

1. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    some dude asked last week how long our commute is to beach.
    Mine is 3 hours.
    So I am a NOMAD1
    My wife and i must stay put so we can make over 300k/ year... would you give that up?
    In my memeory bank I have about 30 to 40 locations I rotate. I have no choice so I just roll with it. I am a nomadic local (oxymoron - nice!) from Florida to OBX to Cali to Costa to hawaii. I am always going somehwere.

I have never met a local I couldn't ***** slap off his high horse. I m 6'6" and 220 and my balls are bigger than some of these tough locals. I love when one complains and I pull up close and watch the bravery fade to pale fear. You ever hit someone in the face before they finish their threat? That can be very effective.
    That hasn't happened in years though because there are miles of surf with nobody in it. I was just in OBX, nags head and duck and I surfed twice daily with not one other person. That federal research pier in Duck rocks. And they weren't sloppy closeouts either. Surfers love to be around other surfers and then complain of crowded conditions.

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    If I had to commute 3 hours to the beach I'd be pretty miserable too.

3. surfbum21

surfbum21 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    You sound like an arrogant jerk to be quite frank. Take your 300k and shove it. Although I do respect your traveling. Lose the attitude dude. One day it will blow up in your face.

4. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    What a worthless waste of internet ink.

Good thing we've got rich tough guys with big balls like you regulate the entire surf community.

5. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    yep...so i can bike to the beach every day to surf, swim, or paddle my 14' bark & not have to wait for a trip elsewhere to surf. my fiance will be the first to tell anyone how impossible to be around i become when my gills start to dry up.
    good for you, you make 300k a year. whoopdy-do. you still live inland. i live at the beach, make less than you, & still travel pretty extensively. doesn't make me a better person than you, but i'd wager that i'm happier in my day to day life.

6. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Probably not happier than him... He does have huge balls.

7. travy

travy Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    can we get the big balled nomad and knife boy in an oceanic death match or something? if we're lucky they'll both drown

8. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    What a douche! I have a 2.5 hour commute to the coast. I think every day of giving up my great paying job here inland and moving my familiy to the coast. I would def give up the $ for the waves but can;t force that on my wife and son. You however are GONAD not NOMAD. I must agree that of all the **** that has been posted on here latley this takes the asshole cake. Go take your big brave ass and tons of cash and be stoked on how sweet you are, how many awesome waves you catch and how many folks you beat up. Have a wonderful life till you realize you are an ass and die miserable and alone.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  9. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I might hit around 6 figs before taxes and insurance in a good year and I can work whenever and from wherever I want. Wouldn't trade it for the world..... I guess you have an expensive lifestyle epp, those tend to make life harder, not easier in my experience.

To those in college or just starting a career: You don't have to make the really big bucks to have a great life. The key is to avoid debt like the plague, be thrifty, work hard and play hard. If you're careful with money you will retire a multi-millionaire earlier than most and live more than comfortably even if you have only earned an average income.

10. surfislife

surfislife Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    you sir need a life..

11. bauer

bauer Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    yea brah I make less than all my friends peers etc.. but I am definetly the happiest of them all. Have plenty activities I enjoy surfing taking priority 9 months a year the upcoming 3 r the ones I tend to get deeper involved in my other pursuits.. 3 trips a year and on my way to a descent retirement staying healthy and active hope to retire early and then have the ultimate trip..
    Kinda tough to Dawn patrol living 3 hrs away huh? guess with all that money you can buy that oh wait no you cant!
    Ha ha I have always known I am living the right way for me but post like this really make me feel good about the way I have chosen to live my life. U can have it all just have to decide what is truely important to you.. Took me a little while to fall into my lifestyle but I have been in it for decades now..
    Seeing all the miserable f@c@@ at work and around town reassures me I have made good chioces in my pursuit..
    Catching those midweek sessions b4 work the last month=priceless

12. Notch Johnson

Notch Johnson Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Please take your height and weight, genitalia size and self reported income to the craigslist "casual encounters" section.

Some people on there might be impressed.

Here... not so much.

13. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    sounds like you are suffering from jealousy

14. zrich

zrich Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I'm really impressed.

15. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    wow- you totally just blew yourself up.... why would you post that????
    its a no brainer- give up the money- it only brings problems... and more problems...

dudes (gruvi lingo)- thats like 6hrs of just DRIVING to surf- wow that stinks... thats almost a whole day that you gotta give up just for a few hours of surf. Wouldn't you rather wake up at the crack of dawn and get a session in before work- and still make it to work in time- and STILL get a session after work before dark??? duhhhh....

I wonder what the locals would do when you get into a fight with them and they find out you live 3hrs away... drop the attitude bro- its not what surfing is about...

16. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    "What do we want? Bigger doors! Where do we want them? Weed stores!". South Park... Gotta love those little landlocked characters.

17. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    i wonder if he leaps tall buildings in a single bound, and is stronger than a locomotive....shoot, betcha i got some krypt that will bring you to your kness, tough guy

18. jchafard

jchafard Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    This is either the weakest troll attempt I've seen for a while, or this guy has an incredibly low self esteem.

19. richp12

richp12 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    you suck for making this thread and i'm upset i'll never get these last three minutes back

20. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    i think my girlfriend and i make around 55k total. ill take 55 over 300 to live 5 mins from the beach as opposed to 3 hours.